UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
How about the Magpie? Although I'd suggest they try booking - probably the most 'famous' of the Whitby fish restaurants so it does get very, very busy.
Thanks, boothers. I know about the Magpie but I wasn't sure if it did Lobster or just the more traditional fish and chip type meals.
Prawn

They have a copy of the menu on their website http://www.magpiecafe.co.uk
Best fish and chips Ive ever had has been at the Magpie :wave:
Just checked the menu and they do a Lobster Thermidor - will pass on that info. Many thanks.
Hi prawn, the Magpie is a nice place to eat during the day (been there many times) , but if your friends are celebrating their anniversary then I do not think the Magpie has any ambiance its more like an up market cafe.Im trying to think of somewhere nice for them to go but most places I know that are good are away from Whitby and they may not want to drive
I hope that they have a good time
They could try Bagdale Hall they have a very good restaurant, my daughter and partner stayed there last year and said the food was excellent. Have a look at their website http://www.bagdale.co.uk there is a sample menu on there and one of the fish courses is lobster. Hope this helps.

Debs
Thanks guys - I have been looking at 'Green's' and, whilst they don't do lobster as a main they do have it on as a starter. That may be worth a look. Will have a look at Bagdale Hall.

Thanks again for your input - it is much appreciated.
I couldnt remember the name of Bagdale Hall, I agree with DebnPete a really nice place to eat especialy for a special occasion. I have always wanted to stay there in one of their four poster rooms, but always land up staying outside Whitby at Goathland. Maybe I may drop a few hints for my 60th :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.