Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Usually small newspaper stands, Gomantak times, Herald, Times of India (very good read), ask one of the room boys to get you one daily, I`m sure they will oblige if you let them keep the change.
Thanks FTV,

we're renting, so unfortunately don't have a room boy to ask. Are these newspaper stands common and where might I find one?

Helen
Not too familiar with Candolim I`m afraid, they are usually nothing more than a table with the papers on them and pebbles on top to stop them blowing away, just try keeping a sharp eye out or ask at one of the bars nearby.
Helen,
Just listen out for the breadman in the morning, you know the guy with annoying horn on his bike;thats him! Most of them sell newspapers so you could ask him to deliver one daily for you.
GFF xxx
There is a stall opposite Alburqueque (??) Villas that sell tea / fruit etc they sell papers too
also some sell them on the beach.
That's great all, thanks very much :D

What a fab idea GFF - I'd forgotten the bread man and will be able to get fresh bread every morning as well!! :lol:

Helen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.