Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I didn't see any signs Sue. We had left before 9 pm, but some friends of ours got caught out. I don't think I'd have paid, I'd probably just leave if they charged me 4X as much for the same thing.
We only went during the day
I was having the coffee and baileys for 1.50 and Al was having a pint
BTW the Baileys isn't the pukka stuff it's a spanish version....ok but not as nice as the real thing.....you get what you pay for
Hi all are the prices going up in Benidorm?
How much should i be paying for a family meal with a couple of drinks on average nothing posh or anything just a average meal 2 adults 3 kids or how much is average adult meal?
It appears that some of the places are doing specials deal, I heard the Yorkshire pride mentioned as one of these places.
Craig an average adults meal should cost you anywhere between 5 euro and 12 euro depending on what your having - as an example burger and chips around 5 euro steak around 12 euro. Kids meals are usually around 3 euro.

As for scarborosmoggy mentioning the Yorkshire Pride doing specials that may well be the case but for me they could be giving food away and I still wouldn't personally go there again as there hygiene standards nowhere near matched my own. I'm all for cheap and cheerful but cheap and no cleanliness standards, in my opinion, = no thanks.
thanks for the heads up sarahavfc1, the prices dont seem too bad its a pity the exchange rate is naff, we are going in June do you think we should wait to see if exchange rate gets better or get Euro's now???
Hi Craig,

Sarah's prices are spot on but you can find places even cheaper than that, full english breakfasts for instance can come in at around the 2 euro mark and are served until at least mid-day.

Even with the euro being naff Benidorm is still cheap for food and drink and eating out costs won't be a problem.

As for the euro itself I am hoping that it can't get any worse and hanging on to my cash for now, the best bet would be to exchange over there anyway as you always get a better deal.
As far as the Rock Star bar is concerned, they now have a sign that says €1 per pint before 6 pm. No idea of the price after 6 pm because I'm rarely out then.
Better exchange rate over there!! i always thought you got a better exchange rate over here?
i will look into this.
I'm saving up hard for my stay in a few weeks ;) Can't wait! I'm not going to change my money until I get there.
we tend to get a few hundred euro before we go and then use our nationwide account whilst were there as you dont get charged for using your card and you get a better rate. My mum lives in Beni and she has told me that lots of bars are doing specials to try and entice the punters in.

Sarah
Yes my friend recently came back from Benidorm and found the prices cheaper than last year. I suppose people still have to try and keep their business heads above water and are fully aware that the euro taking a bashing will most probably drop visitor numbers down, they have to do the best they can with what they have.
Im goin to benidorm on 4th June to the Flamingo Benidorm, All inclusive for 1 week. We want to go to the theme park and the water park. My mates said they will only be going down the square once or maybe twice...

So realistically how much spending money do you think i will need?

Cant remember how much the entrance for Terra Mitica is but,it should be around £30.Same for the water Park. Bring up the relevant home web pages to check.
As for spending on nights out. How much do you normally spend a Fri/Sat/Sun night when at home?Double it and you should cover it.I would allow at least £500 to cover drinks and munchies.
As your AI, take full advantage.Whats the use of paying for it If you only spend an hour in the hotel bar,and the rest of the night paying 4 euros a pint in the town?
I was thinking about £300, but it depends on what you call a night out in the square and what exactly you will be drinking?

If you use the discount tickets £120 would be enough for both park trips with spends for food and drinks.
I would allow at least £500 to cover drinks and munchies.

I dont think that you'll need anything near as much as £500 if you are staying all inclusive.

I know that the pound is weak at the moment but in the past we have allowed around £100 a day and a couple of hundred extra for a family of 4 and that's when we've stayed half or full board not all inclusive.

As for paying €4 a pint, yeh there are bars that charge that but there are loads of bars that charge a euro for a pint too.

Although the exchage rate is poor right now, there are loads of offer on in Benidorm making it probably the cheapest of the Costas.

Have fun
Sue :)
Sue, sorry I should have added,that i wasnt implying that he/she should take £500 and expect to spend it all, but to be on the safe side with that amount.I dont know how old this person is but I guess he/she is in late teens early twentys,and I cant see him/her staying in a bar all night even if it does cost 1euro a pint/short with no entertainment.
Sue, sorry I should have added,that i wasnt implying that he/she should take £500 and expect to spend it all,

Ah ok, I just thought £500 was a lot for a week for one person when they are all inclusive but I can see your point. I must say though that the one and only time that
I drank in the square I found it pretty cheap as they had 2 for 1's on and didn't charge to go in like they often do at home.

I have also sent the girl a p.m telling her that I have some Aqualandia vouchers that will admit her and up to 3 others for €11 as opposed to the normal price of €25 if she wants one. They do have discount tickets around Benidorm which give you a couple of euros off but these save you a fortune.

I'm hoping not to spend too much this time with us going all inclusive. :rofl

Sue :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.