EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
The rental market is saturated with properties at the moment. You will have no problem finding a place to rent for the long term and prices are at their lowest for years.

The downturn in the economy has forced many owners who would have prefered to sell to now put their places up for rent.

This is the first time for over three years that I have had vacancies in any of my own properties (no good for you, as they are further south of Alicante).

If you deal with an agent you will probably be paying more than if you deal with an owner directly.

Find the area that you like and then simply phone the numbers on a few of the many 'Se Alquila' boards that will be displayed. Those numbers starting with a 6 are more likely to be the owners direct moblile numbers. If you have to ring a number starting with a 9, they will be landlines. Either way, ask if they are agents or owners.

Prices for purchasing properties are also at their lowest for some time, but there is no way of telling for sure if they will fall more in the future.
Hi Oly
Thanks for that ...Its such a daunting prospect when there is a language barrier. I will give it a go when Im there.
You are talking about Benidorm aren't you? So what language barrier would that be? (Unless you speak Welsh or something!)

For Benidorm rentals there is a better than even chance that whoever you ring will be British. It would be rare to find a Spanish owner who rents their property to anyone other than friends and family.

You might also find that a few of the phone numbers on the many advertising boards will be recognizably UK.

Go for it! You are in the best possible position to haggle a good price, for renting or buying.
Hi
I feel better knowing that. I just wasnt sure if they would be through agents, hence worrying about the language barrier. And I am going to 'go for it' lol.
Thanks again
Hi I have a property in Turkey which I have been advertising on several web sites. I started posting my apartment in Feb 2009 and I have got 23 weeks in just 3 months. I'm over the moon with the results. I would recommend Owners Direct, Holiday Lettings and Villarenters.

All 3 charge for joining, but Villarenters is a one off fee of £50 + vat and I have had 60% of my bookings from this site.

Happy to help further if I can.

Regards
Martin
If you have a look at the website http://www.enalquiler.com/alquiler-pisos-benidorm-3-2-0-5985.html they advertise on behalf of agents and private owners. They have photos of all their properties and descriptions, plus prices and inventories. It is in Spanish but it is quite easy to navigate and gives a good idea of what's available and at what price.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.