Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I would still be interested to hear what the young 'uns find to do in Wales during term time, that they coudn't do in Portugal. And how, with the cost of food, drink and accommodation in the UK it works out so cheap?
I would still be interested to hear what the young 'uns find to do in Wales during term time, that they coudn't do in Portugal.

......... splash around in the puddles !!! :rofl :rofl
Sorry about the delay to this thread but i was amazed that you had a horrid time ladyt. :shock:

We are going to the Algarve next year and there will be 5 adults 4 teens and a 10 year old girl (two families). Having been to Portugal before in 2003 i was suprised you had a raw deal, i mean there is lots to do out there, didn't your apartment have a pool?

Sorry to sound firm but i also can't understand why you would think Wales would be a better holiday destination then Portugal?? :o i took my partner to Bets-ce-coid years ago and basically people would not talk to us in English or would struggle to even say "hello" which i found rude and ignorant especially in a tourist area.

However on that one experience although it was disappointing (the people) the country it self is lovely and is nice for a relaxing weekend away from work and i wouldn't rule out going to wales again just not that exact location.

One of the golden rules about holidays is research research research.

If i was you next time i would book a villa with a pool near Albufeira.
I would still be interested to hear what the young 'uns find to do in Wales during term time, that they coudn't do in Portugal.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/sheep1.gif
Rofl
By the way I'd like to make a complaint to the moderators.
Its seems you are allowing Sheffield Wednesday supporters to post.
As there is only one team in Sheffield, surely this must be a breach of the
trade descriptions act? :wink:
P.S. My dads a Wednesdayite, we had to have him put in a home. :)
:offtop

it dosn't count as he posted on a saterday :rofl
Bets-ce-coid

......Well surely you could do him for his spelling !!! :rofl
......Well surely you could do him for his spelling

No i cant that is the english spelling... in welsh its Betws-y-coed :roll:

had to catch a train from there once [that was enough] :lol:
Ha Ha Nice one Wizard!

And there WILL be only one team in Sheffield next year Mad Mick, how is your protest going regarding getting reinstated back to the Premiership? :rofl
Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your holiday, however IMO your holiday is what you make of it to a certain extent.
We visit Alvor every year and we are neither golfers or old and we love it. I'm sure we could keep our nieces and nephews amused there with the beaches, the cliffs, the swimming pools, playing games and having family fun together. Yes this area of the Algarve is quiet but it has both a good bus and train service if you wish to get about.
Some people look down on Butlins but if you want teenages to be truely entertained at little cost then try there, kids love it.
As I've said sorry you didn't enjoy it but I've posted on here only because I feel that this area is suited to more than just golfers.
Still waiting for the lowdown on cheap and wonderful Wales... :wink:
No i cant that is the english spelling... in welsh its Betws-y-coed

What English spelling? There isn't an 'English' spelling of Betws-y-coed. The rendering above is neither a phonetic rendition of the way it should be pronounced or of the way most English people pronounce it! If it had been rendered Betsy-coed you might have got away with THAT as the English spelling but you'd ahve still upset Welsh-speakers because it puts the stress in the wrong place :-)

SM

PS It did start me thinking about the 'Welsh' spelling of English place names. Will our Welsh members start asking about hotel recommendations in Lyferpool? Or the cheapest way to get to Lwndon ? :-)
Any more posts like that one and I'm afraid I'll have to send you to Kovuntry !! :rofl :rofl
:offtop :yikes time to get this one back on track please.... wandering from the Algarve to coventry via wales is far enough :thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.