Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
My friend has stayed at the Belcekiz Beach Hotel and highly rates it. :tup
I went to the Belcekiz last year pample and whilst its a brilliant hotel and I can highly recommend it knowing that maybe the Hemera wont have the facililies that your after for your children I dont think the Belcekiz would suit you either . Its a really friendly hotel and the food and standard is excellent but not really enough to keep the younger ones busy with activities . there were lots of older children when we were there in the summer but I have to be honest and say not so many younger ones and there would really only be a kids club , a mini disco and pool activities to keep them occupied. the staff will make a fuss of them and and do their own little games and things to keep them busy but it wouldnt be on a large scale programme

hope that helps
Pamplemouse :wave:

What about the Pegasus Palace or whatever it is calling itself now? I think that is supposed to have brilliant kids facilites and it also has a pool with lots of slides. It's in the First Choice group I think and has its own thread on here.

I stayed at the Belcekic Beach the summer before Lyn, it's a great hotel with food that borders on the outstanding, well located and wonderful staff :tup but in terms of kids facilities it is just your average hotel and not in the league of some of these that offer slides, multipul pools, extended kids clubs etc like Lykia.

In fact one of the few disappointing aspects of the BB is the size of it's pool. It was obvioulsy built for when the BB was a standard Half Board hotel and struggles now the hotel is All Inclusive and more people stay on site all day. Its certainly sardine city round the pool, but they have rather sensibly turned one of the gardens in to a sunbathing area, with beds and parasols.

It certainly hasn't got slides and when they hold the odd pool game, raft race etc, the pool really becomes out of bounds for anyone else. :(

They have opened a new adults only pool at the back of the resort in the annexe, which I went to on my own a few times and loved, but this is of no use to people who wish to sunbathe as a family.

Doe :)
  • Edited by doe 2008-05-18 13:48:13
I was just posting that too chris :) . you beat me to it but I was looking to see what it was now called . Its the holiday village Pegasos in sarigerme. the tropical seems to get better reviews. maybe not 5 star Lykia standards but I would of thought it on par with aqua fantasy ;)
Hi Lyn

I think if folk are looking for activities for younger kids the BB may come up a tad short & as it is so very expensive to go there it's probably best to warn people rather than they be disappointed.

If my kids were younger I would be more tempted by the Pegasus, Starry went there when it first opened & had a great time, despite the fact that is was getting loads of negative reviews.

The pools seem to win it over for a lot of younger kids, as there isn't much to match them in the various family hotels that you can get to from Dalaman.

Chris
Thanks all, I really appreciate your views.

My problem with the Pegasus is that, unless I am wrong, it's totally geared to the British. Sorry to be such a pain, but the one thing I hated last year was knowing who the small minority at Lykia were due to their actions.

My kids are far from perfect but I am really big on manners and with the four of them, being young, when we sit down to dinner are used to others being wary. I am sooo proud, when on many an occasion either abroad or at home, folk come over and compliment them on their good behaviour.

I hate other kids running amok, usually British unfortunately, and for that reason I had discounted the FC HV. I am happy though for comments that will discounted this oopinion.
pamplemousse i agree with what you are saying ive always been able to take my kids anywhere knowing they behave themselves, now the older too dont come away any more we only have ellie with us and shes really well behaved, and ive have read some bad reports re pegasus and really dont like the sound of it or the area, also the few people that i know that have been there didnt like it, but everyone does like different things, but its definitely not for us. we loved lykia world and the only other hotel that comes near we have stayed in is letoonia, its not quite as good, but 1 big advantage over lykia is thats its 24 hr all inc, it has a few water slides, kids clubs, various restaurants, lovely food, fantastic views. have a look at the website, you can book diy aswell as package
Yes I agree with Karen .letoonia looks superb . If you have ever been out of Fethiye harbour on a boat pample ,Letoonia is that georgous place you see on your left hand side that seems to go forever as you make your way out . It is another on my "to do" list when I find it at a good price ;)
I think Letoonia would be good for you pamplemousse from what Karen is saying, probably better than the Belcekic Beach. If it's a kind of upmarket resort that you are after, there is somewhere called the Hillside Beach Club, which is 5* and in Fethyie that one of the families at my kids school went to which she said was wonderful. I think Thomas Cook do it.

http://www.hillsidebeachclub.com

I'm not sure but I don't think Pegasus is just Brits anymore. I didn't realise there were problems with the Brits at Lykia :( . The only reports I have read with critisisms have been against the Russians who keep insisting on taking their kids to the adults only pool and when requested not to by the Turklish staff either give them a load of verbal or go away for 5 mins and them come back when the staffs backs are turned. (didn't read that on here though read it on another site). You have me worried again now. :(
I just priced up the hilside beach club for my family £12,000 :yikes . Surely not
Letoonia is a great complex

The three waterslides are directly into the sea. The kids club was a little skewed to Russian guests in my humble opinion.

We are going to the Limak Lara at Lara Beach in a fortnight and shall report back about whether that is a suitable 5*
:yikes Are you sure? The family must have been loaded. Perhaps you can DIY Hillside cheaper?

Did you click on the links and look at the setting Lyn ? Have you seen anything more lovely, it seems to be set in some kind of a wooded glade. I liked the pictures of the food. :rofl I wonder where it is, I have been round the side where Letoonia is on a boat trip and the setting there is very pretty as well, we could see the little kids coming down the slide into the sea.
Cant get the link to load but I always thought it was somewhere near letoonia , furthur on past :think . That stretch of coast is stunning and you have to go a long way out on the boat before you loose the mountains and wooded inlets . It seems to follow you out for miles. Truely Beautiful :)
Sorry :oops: didn't realise I had posted a duff link, not sure how to edit it to get it to work for pamplemousse. Perhaps it needs to be entered into the browser direct.
I can also recommend Letoonia, it's wonderful. Rooms a little tired but very clean.The resort itself is huge and although we didn't go with kids that time, it certainly looked wonderful for them too...
Another great hotel especially with kids is the Titanic at Lara beach - excellent kids facilites, beautiful 5 star accomodation, fab food with loads of choice and only 15mins transfer from the airport.
Denny
Have you considered the Delphin Palace at Lara? It even has a funfair at night as well as water slides etc. I know they have a hotel run kids club too.

Btw I've been to both the Pegasus Palace and the Tropical, but yes unfortunately there are a few kids running about unsupervised. Was nothing to bad but I wouldn't put it on a par with what I know about the Delphin Palace. But if there is one thing that is amazing about the HV then its the entertainment for kids, it was fantastic!
Chris the link is fine and it does take you to the web page but im clicking all over it and Zilch .
its before you get to letoonia, cos we drove past the sign to this complex on route to letoonia from the airport it seemed to be out in the middle of no where on the outskirts before you reached fethiye from the airport, i remember pointing it out to hubby saying thats supposed to be a nice hotel
Have you considered Antayla or Belek? We have just returned from a week at the Cornelia Deluxe Hotel. The men played golf and us ladies lazed about. Although we didn't have children with us it looked great for them. Slides and tubes, childrens clubs etc. The small pool was completely in shade under big dome, it had a waterfall and jacuzzi. Adverture playground. In the restaurant they had their own buffet area with low serving tables. It was an excellent hotel all round. Best we have ever been to. All the hotels in this area look brilliant. It was a different holiday for us as we don't normally spend much time at our hotel, we prefer Olu Deniz but if you have children and need to be All inclusive this would be a good place. Its also right on the sandy beach.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.