America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
We Stopped at the Beacon Hotel in September and the hotel was very good with a very good restaurant for breakfast and evening meal at very good prices....the size of the rooms was amazing for new york even had a mircowave in the room.it isnt in midtown manhatton but its up by central park west but right over the road was a regular bus which dropped you off right in the centre of times square plus also a subway station over the road....we normally caught the bus down to times square and usually took a steady walk back ending up at central park......

http://www.beaconhotel.com/

plus whatever you do....for a view of manhatton forget the crowds of the empire state building...go to the rockerfella building top of the rock.....its a much better experience all round....our outstanding moment from our last trip..
Don't forget to check REVIEWS and let me know if you'd like any hotels added.

Pippy :)
We stayed at hotel Metro on W35 Street Just round the corner from Empire State building and with Macy's at the end of the road (2 mins walk) there is also the Metro station with good conections by Macys. We were there in December 2006 and it the best hotel we have stayed at in NYC. But 1 small piece of advice it can be bitterly cold so take gloves / hat ect.
Whist you are there try and see the Holiday show at Radio City it is incredible at Christmas.

Graham & Kathy

Cant add links to the hotel as it says we are new users :duh we were on here before as indout96 but cant remember the password but if you put "hotel metro new york" into google it is the first hit.
Graham-Kathy

If you try to log in with your old name and click the forgotten password link a new password will be emailed to you.

luci :wave
Hi Luci
Unfortunatly I cant do that as it will only let me use the e-mail that I originally registered with and our company has now been taken over so I do not have access to it. Thanks anyway. :cheers

Graham
I stayed at the Radio City Apartments when I visited New York in march. They are just a five minute walk from Times Square but not part of the noisy chaos that is Times Square. They are small serviced apartments probably a 3* standard. They are kept extremely clean and I found the staff very helpfull.
There is a range of different apartments and studios. They are equiped with a kitchenette which I found great for making snacks though there is a cooker so meals could be prepared if wanted. The ones with a separate bedroom have a lounge area which would be good for relaxing after a tiring day. They are certainly not luxurious but perfectly acceptable and I found the price very reasonable. http://www.radiocityapartments.com
Graham-Kathy wrote:
Hi Luci
Unfortunatly I cant do that as it will only let me use the e-mail that I originally registered with and our company has now been taken over so I do not have access to it. Thanks anyway. :cheers
Graham
I've got to go to work in a minute but will try and remember to ask admin to take a look at the situation for you when I get back if they haven't heard about it by then ;)

Pippy :)
We were a block from the ESB and stayed in the 30 30 hotel, it was a block from Macys and within walking distance to times square, we walked right up to central park, but would only advise this if you dont mind a 30 mins walk. The comfort inn is another good hotel. We got a week in the 30,30 for two of us for £1000 between us with Virgin on one of there mega deals.It was basic, not posh, but lovely cosy rooms and a view of the empire state building.
Graham I have emailed your regarding your account, hopefully you will be able to use your old account.

**sorry for hijacking this thread**
we stayed in Casablanca Hotel which is virtually in Times Square. Breakfast included, also unlimited tea/coffee/soft drinks all day. Tea time- gateaux, cookies . Later on in evening - champagne, red and white wine, cheese and biscuits for about 2 hours. Brilliant
We stayed at the Warwick Hotel on Park Avenue and 54th. It's opposite MOMA. Very close to Central Park and about ten minutes walk from Times Square. Nothing Special but clean rooms and a good base for a busy city vacation.

Lucavigg
Hi
I stayed at the Philadelphia hotel which is just at Madison Square Gardens and just across from Macy`s it was very cheap and it was a very lovely hotel it was in the vacinty of Times Square and I took a open top bus tour which i would recommened to everyone that goes to New York as you see so many beautiful sights , I am hoping top go back in 2 years time and cant wait for it coming around as New York is a wonderful place i prefer there to Las Vegas.

Sheena
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.