Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I agree. Kefalonia is beautiful. You must get a car and explore.
I'll check that out next time im around Euston. I have to admit i spent alot more time staring at the Carytids temple than the Parthanon. It's magical there, the olive trees and lemon trees all around it.

Thanks for the information :)
There are some people who will hate me for this as we still try to keep it a bit of a secret! Have you looked at Parga on the mainland ? having been there several times (this year will be 16) and got married there it might just be the place for you. No "Jack the lads" etc some reasonably lively Tavernas and plenty to explore. Have a look at http://www.parga.com for info
Some people who will hate me for this as we still try to keep it a bit of a secret

Thanks for this Kelvin, this place looks amasing. That glorious photograph of the jetty. i wont tell anyone else tho..."shhhhhh" :P
hi i must say that zante is my favorite. i always say that i will never go back to the same place again, but i will zante as it is a beautifull island.
to janiebaby.have you thought about kefalonia?a great little place is katelios at the south end of the island.we have been 5 times since 86 and the village has hardly changed.there are about7 or 8 great seafood restaurants,a couple of music bars and is so laid back to be nearly asleep. if you want a relaxing holiday then this could be the place.
Skiathos without a doubt !! :D
Santorini and i'm not sure if anyone else has heard of this but, when Santorini exploded is left the sea of reeds somtimes mistook in translation as the Red sea bare, thus the parabol of the parting of the red sea. This is what i heard.. and that all this happened when the eqyptians saw the plauges etc .. seams sensible that it was caused by the explosion.

Anyway.. it is a very beautiful place and the white stone is an absolute treat when hit by the sun. I would advise anyone to visit.

http://www.holidayrentalcentre.com/property/Greek_Islands/Santorini/1833
thanks for allyour replies , we have now booked the Amfitriti hotel in pefkos, rhodes last 2 weeks for september 2008 for 530 for both of us :D
thanks for allyour replies , we have now booked the Amfitriti hotel in pefkos, rhodes last 2 weeks for september 2008 for 530 for both of us :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.