America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hi Jenny
We are going to Anaheim where DL is and recommend using the tourist inormation to get £££sss off tickets throughout your stay.

http://www.anaheimoc.org/Articles/Archive/Webpage10253.asp

http://www.partner.viator.com/en/3222/tours/Anaheim-and-Buena-Park/Universal-Studios-Hollywood-with-Transport/d797-3457_2_3

http://gocalifornia.about.com/cs/losangeles/l/bl_la_temp.htm

http://www.anaheimvisitorcenter.net/store/commerce.cgi?product=attractions

A lot do the hollywood tour and touring seeing the stars homes which i always go on and enjoy. Universal studios is my favourite park. Seaworld and the Zoo are in San diego if i remember right.

Most of these trips do have transportation with them, or you can hire a car, although saying this, LA isnt the best place to drive :think

We are going back on the 1st June, doing LA with Las Vegas, so if you are going after this date, i will try and find as much info as i can for you.

Michelle x
Thanks Michelle. We are off on 3 August so it would be great to hear from you when you return from your trip. We are staying in Anaheim too and then off to San Diego for the second part of our hols.
Good choice. Anaheim has changed a lot since we last went. Which hotel are you booked into?
I highly recommend San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park over the main zoo itself. Both are great but I would go with the Wild Animal Park if you could only pick one. The Wild Animal Park is 40 or 50 miles from San Diego Zoo and it's a bit tricky to get to (at least, my TomTom had problems, probably because the road layout has changed in the last couple of years)... but it's well worth the visit. They are basically trying to recreate Africa in California by converting large areas of land into savannah. It's very interesting and some of the animals include lions, leopards, elephants (several different species), rhinos, giraffes, gazelles, plus my favorite attraction... the reptiles and snakes! They also have a hot air balloon ride (which is tethered so there's no chance of drifting away!) and several different types of "train" tours (one of which is included in the main ticket price). Sorry, I don't know what else to call it except a "train"... except that it's more like a car but it has multiple carriages, if that makes sense! They have them at Universal Studios to ferry people around the parking lots... Derwentrocker will probably know what I mean.
Hi - we're staying at the Sheraton Anaheim - hope its OK! Planning to do Disney, Universal, Knotts Berry - do you think we need to rent a car? We definitely will have a car for our onward journey from LA to San Diego but wondered if a car is the easiest option for getting around whilst staying in LA?

Also, is it cheaper to pre-book the car here in the UK or book one on arrival in the US? Advice appreciated.

When we get to San Diego we are staying at the Hyatt Mission Bay - hope thats OK too!

Is anyone familiar with Knotts Berry's water park (Soak City)? Want to know if its nearer LA or San Diego.

Many thanks folks!
We will be doing everything you want to do Jenny. We were going to stay in the SA but went with the Cortona which had the breakfast free.

I leave on the 31st May until the middle of June sometime, so i will do a full report then. But Anaheim has little buses to scoot you around, and the tourist information is near my hotel, they have transport, we wont be driving, so will let you know the score when we get back.
Hi
I am thinking of going to Disneyland LA 2010, want to do the disney parks Universal Hollywood and Seaworld in San Diego, a couple of days on the beaches, would maybe also like to do 3/4 days in Las Vegas, budget permitting not quite sure where to start, what to do first, (have always booked a package holiday before). Do you need a car to get about as not that keen on driving over there, how easy is it to get from place to place without one? Was thinking of staying in Anahiem for Disney, how easy is it to get to Universal, Seaworld plus any other parks maybe Knotts Berry from Anahiem.

Any suggestions / tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Hi Michelle

Just wondered if you had returned from your trip yet and how you got on. I bet you had a fab time. Any good ideas/advice for me and my forthcoming holiday?

Jenny
Yes returned yesterday and i have gathered a lot of information, please bear with me as trying to get over jet lag and tonight and tomorrow i am working on nights. So monday and tuesday hopefully i can do my write up :tongue

Michelle x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.