Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Los Jameos Playa
10 Posts
If anyone would like to post a review for this hotel, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
We stayed at the Jameos Playa a few years ago, with a seaview room and no aircraft noise at all, the approach to the airport is out at sea and you did not hear a thing.

Have also stayed at the Beatriz Playa twice, the only aircraft noise we had there was take off's (We did have an Airport view room on one occasion) which was fab.

The Airport only operates morning until late evening - and is only busy on certain days.

If you want some aircraft noise head along to the Airport Beach and stand on the beach with them landing over your head.
Thanks for the reply smithford - its set my mind at rest abit will keep the jameos playa on "the list" of possibles if i can get it at the right price!!! :wink

Did you like the hotel?? what was the food like?? and lastly would you go back?? sorry for all the questions but i like to know as much as possible about hotels before i even consider booking them :lol:
fatcodycat 8)
The hotel was lovely, we visted in March a few years ago, We only stayed Bed & Breakfast - as we enjoy eating out in Puerto Del Carmen of an evening, but the Breakfast was good - they used to bake the bread rolls in little ovens, the smell was great, would have no problem staying again, but we prefer to stay in a Villa now with its own pool, not much differance in cost and all the comforts of home.
Hi,
we have just returned (Jan 07) from LJP. It was the most wonderful and relaxing holiday we have had in years. We are a family with small children - the youngest is only a baby and I can honestly say that nothing was a problem at this hotel.
Airplane noise is not an issue. As another poster has said, the planes approach from the sea and only when they are about to land do they get close to the runway- a bit scary the first time you see it. You do hear the odd drone but it is not even irritating.

This hotel is quite large. It has about 550 rooms. It has a lovely reception area arranged with three wooden balconies overlooking it (in the Canarian style I am told) and two large wooden staircases. The rooms lead off the reception area in a sort of semi-circle on both sides. The height of the hotel is limited to 3 floors so it is pleasantly low-rise. There are two pools (one heated to 25 C), a childrens pool(unheated I think) and a baby pool (heated). While we were the only a few brave souls went into the heated pool. The weather was pretty pleasant for Jan, 20 C every day. Sometimes you had to wear a sweater in the shade and in the evenings. But it was still lovely and warm most of the time.

The hotel has loads of leafy palms and other lush vegetation between the pools, and a little stream running around with a few little bridges over it. It is all very pleasant. At the far end of the hotel you can exit (with electronic guest card) onto Los Pocillos playa which is a broad stretch of sandy beach, and there is a nice long promenade and plenty of shops and restaurants too.
This hotel is German-owned and German-run (the director made a point of speaking with us during their stay, I assume she did this with every guest) and attracts loads of German guests. Also Dutch. British Guests were very much in the minority when we visited. Nothing wrong with the German guests, they were very polite (I have lived in Germany myself for many years so I feel I know a bit about the place), but they do have a certain way about them, I can't quite describe it, it is not exactly coolness, it seems to be more a desire not to interfere with one's neighbour, so there is a certain amount of 'distance' maintained. Having said that, anyone we did get into conversation with was very nice.

The hotel is very efficiently run. It is staffed by Spainards, all of whom speak excellent English and German. The staff were extremely nice. Nothing was too much trouble. I observed them dealing with several guests at reception and they were unfailingly polite and helpful. Travelling as we were with small children, they made a huge fuss of the baby and made great efforts to accomodate us at every meal with a large table, hot water for baby drinks etc.
The food here is really exceptional. Four star quality if not five star. Every meal was a delight. There is a half board option as well as all-inclusive. In my opinion the all-inclusive is probably unnecessary, you will dine like a king on half board. Salads, fruit, desserts, grilled fish, chicken, steaks, everything. Lots of stuff cooked in front of you on the grills. Drinks are included at dinner.
We are in our early 40s and (unusually) we felt like the younger guests at the hotel. Perhaps it was just the time we were there that they had a lot of older guests, 55+ (apologies if that seems ageist). No matter, all were treated equally.
There was night-time entertainment each evening which was of decent quality, but after 11 O'clock the place was 'dead trousers' as the Germans say, i.e nothing happening. So if you want a vibrant night life this is not the place for it. But for us with kids who are asleep by 9 o'clock, more or less it was ideal.
We have stayed in many four star hotels and this one was truly exceptional. We fully intend to return as soon as possible.
Hope this review helps.
Thankyou writer, great reveiw!

Its probably going to be next year now before we can go back to lanzarote but will definately keep the hotel in mind for then.

All we want from our holidays is a nice relaxed hotel with nice food we are not into nightlife so that will suit us fine and we have no problems with the germans we have always found them polite and well mannered and at least their children know how to behave which is more than i can say for some british families i have seen abroad :roll:
Thank you for adding your excellent review to our review section Writer D :pele
Kath HT ADMIN
:D Hi this is my first post, and I am going on my first ever holiday to Lanzarote for a week, booked with OTBeach, staying at the Los Jameos Playa Hotel, and I am flying solo. I am hoping that I can get some advice. I have read some great reviews here about the hotel here, which is what persuaded me to book, after years of faffing about

Forgive in advance as I have a few questions here
As this is my first holiday, I am wondering can I ask for specific room allocations?, and I have already told OTBeach RE my mobility issues, but should I contact the hotel direct for this as well?

I have a periodic mobility problem with stiff joints etc. which would be the best room to ask for?, so that I am not doing a marathon each time to get to the pool or the dinning room, but also, I may get stuck in my room, due to the mobility problem, so which room/s should I ask for, so that if I am confined to my room, atleast I have alovley view of the sea.

I am quite prepared to stay on the resort, I am only really looking for abit of peace and a rest to recharge the batteries , but if I can venture out, how far away and how easy to get to is the nearest white sandy beach?.

Can anyone tell me what the resort itself is really like, and will I be safe etc, being a lone female. if I go to PDC.

Also, I have just found out that I check out at 10.00am in the morning, I am very stiff usually at this time, takes me afew hours to get going, my flight is not until 7.20pm at night, what do I do about carrying my suitcase around with me for 9hours.

I had loads more questions, but my minds gone blank :roll: .

Any advice would really be appreciated.
thanks
Hi Dee87 and welcome to HT!

I have merged your post with an existing topic which includes a review you may find interesting.

You may be able to keep your room on until 5 or 6pm on the last day for a fee. The hotel we're going to in Benidorm charges $40. IF you do decide to check out at the normal time the hotel usually has a luggage room where you can store your case until it is time to leave.

HERE is the hotel's own website, but I haven't found an email address yet that you could contact to ask for a specific room. Perhaps a member can help?

** Edit - the email address is info@los-jameos-playa.es

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.