Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Don't forget to check reviews HERE ;)

Pippy :)
hello i am taking my son there on thursday so will let you know when i get back! he turns one on monday :yikes never thought this time last year we would be taking for his first holiday abroad!
thankyou my daughter will be about 7 months you will be ale to give me some tips i hope
hello there, well we got back on thursday and we had a lovely time, your kids will love it, just a few things to prepare you:
i did notice there was a microwave in the dining room to warm up baby food.
they do provide cots but ours wasn't delivered to the room until the afternoon - must have been after check out. they even provide sheets.
there was no bath in our room - i dont know if they have them anywhere else in another block but it was just a walk in shower - we tried the sink with our son but all the water came out.
the water was too cold in the pool for our son, so we bought a little dinghy from the netto next door, filled it with water and let the sun warm it up. he played in that for a bit and then we pulled him round in it in the pool - you could maybe use this in your room to bathe little one? (wish we had done but never thought!)
room has fridge, kettle, toaster and microwave - there was no plug (obv to stop flooding) so maybe take a cheap one so you can wash babies bottles?
there are no lifts either and we carried him up in his buggy when he was asleep on a nighttime, we didnt realise this until we got there so might be an idea to email them before you go to ask for a ground floor room?
as i said there is a netto next door (turn left out the main entrance, few doors up) they sell pampers, but they worked out about £1 per nappy! across the road to the right a little bit there is a bigger netto and they sold spanish nappies, not the best, but they did the job and were a lot cheaper. i did notice they sold swim nappies and baby food but didnt see how much they were. there was scrambled egg all day in restaurant and beans, toast at breakfast, soup at lunch and teatime, and that was about it really.
i do know heinz do powdered babies dinners such as broccoli and cheese which you just add water to, they would be really light to take in your suitcase maybe?

i hope all this helps, the suggestions are just what i would probably do, so please dont think im being bossy, i know it sounds daft but i cant think back to what my son was eating 5 months ago!!

i hope you have a wonderful holiday

cheers

kate
Hi Kate!

I'd be grateful if you'd post a review HERE when you have time.

Thanks!

Pippy :)
thanks for your reply my little one eats mostly jars and home made food she will be nearly 7 months when we go so i am hoping she will be eating things like egg and toast make it easier to feed her over their would you go back and is their pklent to do for my 8 12 and 16 year old through the day.
Hi
I stayed at Los Zocos in January with my son who was 6 months at the time. Yes there are cots available although one wasn't in our room when we arrived! There are plenty of shops to buy baby food - go to Nettos across the road (not the one next to the apartments) You can also buy nappies (not sure about swim nappies though the pools were too cold anyway!) but they are expensive compared to home Pampers work out about 1€ each!! We had a bath in our room but hired a baby bath from reception. Los Zocos have a website so it's worth emailing them in advance if you have any more queries. Also ask for a room in either Blocks 1 or 2 as these have been refurbished and have a microwave.
thankyou for replies i will e-mail them then to ask for block 1 or 2.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.