General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Lost Luggage
7 Posts
If possible they should let their insurers know immediately but they are allowed to kit themselves out with 'essentials' for a couple of days - i.e. a couple of t shirts, underwear, toiletries etc.. Make sure they retain the receipts for the insurance though. However, as the cost will probably be less than their 'excess' that is likely to be academic. They may also have a claim against the airline, which would not involve any excess. If the case doesn't eventually turn up that will obviously lead to a claim, and any expenses incurred by them will form part of that.
They have now arrived back at Gatwick and low and behold there is the damaged case sitting beside the carousel. When the bag was damaged the tag was ripped off and presumably lost but there was another tag which showed the flight number - dont know when this was attached.

They were given a reference for the lost baggage system on the internet and this has constantly shown "still tracing" since the bag was reported. He said the case had been opened and the contents itemised by Gatwick staff. They said if Madrid had taken details of the contents from him this would have helped to reunite the bag. Surely if Gatwick staff finds a damaged bag then they simply check on their system to see if anyone has reported a missing bag.
Surely if Gatwick staff finds a damaged bag then they simply check on their system to see if anyone has reported a missing bag.

Come come dear, that would entail a modicum of common sense!!
Sorry if I've offended you sunbedqueen, I was just being facetious.
good job I never replied to that one aslemma....it would have been "luv"....an I really would have been in trouble....call me dear any time ....its a lovely gentle caring word...used by lovely gentle caring people...from an age when people really did give a dam about what happened to others :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.