Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I know it won't be the same, but did you take out travel insurance?
If you can contact Trading Standards.

Also write a letter, and send by recorded delivery to Thomson/Monarch (ccing in one of them - Monarch)

Thomson is who YOUR contract is with not Monarch.
I do have holiday insurance but they say I have to wait to put my claim in until the airline say it is lost which they are just fobbing me off.

Looking at my policy it looks like delay luggage is for outward journeys not on return.

Getting annoyed as we are due to go away on Friday to Cornwall for week and really need my clothes and swim stuff for my family that is in the suitcase. My new t shirts are in the case I wear to work and that I wear on holiday so now only have 2 tops for work for the past 2 weeks.

Yes could have livid off what I had for a few days but 11 days after I returned still no suitcase is a joke.

Will get letter off to Thomson today. A big complaint letter about delay issue as well.
Whilst I can understand your frustration - having had similar problems with BA in 2006 - at least you are at home where you can replace clothes with ones of similar quality and price, and know where to get them, which would not necessarily be the case if your case at not arrived on holiday with you.

Would it be worth buying new and submitting the bills to Monarch for reimbursement?
Thanks. Already tried Monarch, sent them the toiletries receipt for £10 and they replied 'I am afraid that Monarch will not pay for any out of pocket expenses'.

My suitcase has been delivered by a courier this pm. Damagaed, broken, missing wheel scrapped and damaged and worse it has been tampered with and items are missing from suitcase so I am not impressed. Monarch said they will replace suitcase & a company will contact me in the next few days.

Found the tag on the bag the item actually arrived in Aberdeen on Friday 23/7 even though Aberdeen said it didnt! and it has been sitting somewhere for days. Lies by Aberdeen Airport. Mad as I live 15 mins drive and told them I would come and collect it.

Horrible feeling that someone has been in your suitcase and stolen things whilst checked in and in the possession of the airport. Cheek they opened a carton of cigs which were a present and left wrapper and stole a couple of the packets and stole a spain football scarf.

Big letter of complaint going to be made up to Thomsons tonight. I will be purchase these my own 'tag it' labels for next year.

Booked with Thomas Cook for next year holidays never will use Thomsons again.
Glad your case has finally reached you after having been on a holiday adventure of its own, but I'm shocked to learn of what happened to the contents. All the very best with your request of compensation.
If I were you I'd also put a complaint into Aberdeen airport..entirely possible case was tampered with there not Palma but either way, they had your case from 23/7 to 26/7 so I'd be wanting someone's head on a platter for that!
Thanks for your reply.

Monarch Airlines are supposedly deliver a brand new suitcase tomorrow for the damaged one, will wait and see as they have failed on promises so far. So complaint letter will go when it arrives.

£10 lost stuff out of the case I will live with, but my 9 year is upset the Espana scarf is missing as it was 6 euros of his own savings.

I was beginning to think it was the whole case missing so thankful it arrived. If I had not put colour ribbon tied lots of loops on the case don't think it would have appeared back.

Next year I will be very cautious what I take and watch check in and things like a haws. I always thought everything inside was very safe but it just shows.

Been doing research on web but not very clear if you can claim baggage delay on the way back. My insurers say I should try airline as that is what they would do but charge me £75 excess on any recovery.
Monarch delivered a new case to me next day arrived at 5.40pm. It was dirty on the bottom and not the same quality I had which is disappointing but hey ho.

Have written a letter to them regarding 8 hour delay and suitcase delay of 11 days but wont hold my breath though, have copied it to Thomson Holidays who I paid my whole holiday through as well and will post registered mail tomorrow.

See if they pay compensation.

Have booked with Thomas Cook for next summer holiday no monarch airlines.
The trouble is the theft/delay/damage to the suitcase will be down to the baggage handling agents not the airline and definately not the tour op. You can avoid Thomson and Monarch but there's every chance that if you use the same airports you'll get the same baggage handlers at one or both of them!
Thanks. Handling agents but who. My case was checked in at Palma, took 11 days to get back to me it was sent via Amsterdam to Aberdeen. So probably been in many hands and I know no-one will take the blame was tampered with it. But I guess Palma as a missing Espana football scarf was stolen. :think

Finally calmed down, but you live and learn and will be buying a TAG IT label for all my cases for next year and make sure my insurance policy covers me, this year I was more worried I was covered for ash cloud delays than reading small print for others.

Have booked with Thomson cook and flying British Midland next years summer holidays.
hi....would like to know what a tag it label is too....tweetie
Is that not where they wrap your case in strong polythene (for a small charge) so you can see it hasn't been tampered with? I noticed this service was available in Heraklion Airport this year on our return journey and one of my kids said they'd seen the same at Newcastle on the way out (but I hadn't noticed - must have been too excited LOL).
Tag it, as far as I remember (read something in a magazine) is like a luggage label with all your information on, and it can be located should it go missing. I remember thinking it was a good idea when I read about them, I think you can ring up and find out where your lost item is. I also seem to remember that the way they are made they don't come off easily.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.