Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Between 4 and 6 nights is about right, depending on how much you want to see outside of LP itself. It is a lovely little town, very laid back and not much traffic. There are 30+ temples (not that I think you'd want to see them all) and some of them are very ornate. I'd also recommend you fly from LP to the capital Vientiane for about 2 nights, it would be a shame to miss it.
Thanks Chris for the info , I am possibly looking at Vientiene too.

What time of year did you visit LP??
I went in February - not too hot for wandering about and, most important for me, no rain. No need for jackets, etc in the evenings either.
You're so lucky to be going to Luang Prabang. I went a few years ago and it was probably one of my best holidays ever. So laid back, place full of charm and authenticity. I'd highly recommend the French restaurant (pricey, but great food). Also, bring a torch - last time there was a powercut that lasted for 24 hrs, but they still managed to put on the Royal Ballet performance - just be candlelight. It was magical! I'd say 4-6 nights as well. GN
Cheers for that Globalnomad.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.