Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
20 kgs per person on the plane x 3 pers was 60kgs. Wife had the kitchen sink in the bags on our Destiny cruise in July, but they did not charge us for the extra 5kgs. (going and returning)
Regards
Colin B Northern Ireland
Sorry to be rather muddy on this ....... I think if you are going on a FLY CRUISE, your weight limit (AND NUMBER OF BAGS) is restricted to that accepted by the airline.

If you are going CRUISE FROM THE UK ........ you can take everything AND the kitchen sink as long as you can get it to the ship!

If you are going CRUISE ONLY ............... you are limited to the restrictions of the airline getting you to the point of departure. We are travelling on the Calypso on 29 September and are flying to Thessaloniki independently with Aegean from Stuttgart ........ so we have ONE BAG MAX 20 KG per person, and one piece of handbaggage each.

If anyone else from HT is going on this trip, might you send me a PM if you'd like us to meet up.
Yes, it is a fly cruise. I recall perhaps 20kg per person?
Yes the baggage allowance will be what the Thomson's airline stipulates which I think is 20kgs hold and 5kgs hand baggage. Not sure if Thomson's allow pooling of luggage so I suggest you either read the Thomson's topic in the Flights forum or post in there.

luci :wave
We were on a Thomson fly/cruise earlier this month.....and our luggage allowance was stated to be 25kgs per person......(I seem to recall reading somewhere that they had upped the luggage allowance for cruise passengers because of the formal gear needed?)
Did the Spirit in July and our allowance was 25Kgs for the suitcases and 5kg in the cabin.

Goes down to 23kg +5kg next year though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.