Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Yvonne,

Not sure just where your apartments are in the Armutalan area but I'm sure they will be fine. The area has loads of very good restaurants. One of our favourates is Adam & Eve. I have to say though that many don't look all that good from the outside but when you go in the food and attention given by everyone working there helps make up your mind that you will go back. We tend to go by the opinion " If it's busy, they must be doing something right." Have a great time.

Wilson :wink:
Can only echo what Wilson has said. The restaurants in that area are excellent and cheaper than down in the main drag. As Wilson says, look for a place that's busy and you can't go wrong. It would be easy to like the first one and keep going there, but we managed to resist the temptation and tried as many as we could. Only had one poor breakfast and that was in our own hotel's restaurant!
Thanks for the info, we also like to try as many places as poss in our two weeks. We have always gone to Olu Deniz so this is our first time here it seems the same as we have noticed, if the place is really busy its usually good. Only two weeks to go now cant wait!!! Just one more question, is thr Armatulan area a bit quieter, I like all the bustle but with an eight year old sometimes we have to come home early and prefer it peaceful (if I,ve got to go to bed I dont want to hear everyone else enjoying themselves!!)
Our hotel has transport to Marmaris so we should be OK.

thanks for the help

yvonne
Yes Yvonne that's exactly the type of area it is. Plenty of eateries and the usual hotel entertainment which stops at a reasonable hour. That's what we prefer, the action to be accessible, but able to come back to the hotel for peace when we want. Noise is only OK if you're in the middle of it!

People staying in hotels on the main road from Marmaris to Icmeler, just back from the beach, complained that they couldn't get to sleep for the music blaring from all the hotels and bars. We only went into the thick of it once and you couldn't make out any of the tunes as there were three or four competing at full volume and you couldn't hear yourself think.

I would certainly return to Armutalan and there are plenty dolmus if you don't want to walk.
does anybody know the loacation of lunamar apartments in marmaris. all i know is they are in armutalan.
Hi,
from reading the brochures I have come to the conclusion that they are right at the back of Marmaris and a fair old walk from anywhere.
We stayed there last year, and it is about the last hotel away from marmaris. There are aprtments all around but alot are residential. The aprtments in the hotel are quite spacious but much in need of maintenance. The bar stays open almost all night which is ok unless your room is close by. Parents were at the bar with the kids running around til the early hous of the morning. We had hardly any sleep for a fortnight. The hotels gym and turkish bath were both closed. On the up side the girls running the kids club were great and as usual in turkey all staff were friendly and helpful. Any questions just ask.

yvonne
Have stayed with the family a few times at the Lunamar Aparthotel. Although it is too far to walk into Marmaris, dolmus buses run by the hotel every 15 minutes plus the Lunamar has its own minibus to take you to a number of drop-off points.
Lunamar has a popular Turkish Bath complex so there are always mini buses arriving at the back of the hotel, and you will always get a lift back with the vistors, free-of-charge.
Owner has his extended family working in the hotel, so you are guaranteed great service and fun with the staff.

Must DO: down the road at the back of the Hotel is the famous "MUSTYS", joint Dutch/Turkish husband/wife team who run a travel agency and the restaurant is run by the nephews. Fabulous food & entertainment, largest "Lavash" bread in Marmaris. Please do give it a go, you won't be disappointed.
Have a good time.

I forgot, it is noticably hotter in Armatulan as you are up the hill and less sea breeze.
I have some freinds staying here when they come to marmaris to see me, so i think i will go and check them out.
Why not try the cettia apartments in armutalan ,stayed there 2 years ago, fantastic and not too much of a walk either its just up the road from the elvis bar.hope this is of any use.

Chris
we were in marmaris last year and had great time but some people we met stopped at lunamar and hated it.
acording to them they had a rat in the room at one time and another time a cat! they also said that the gap at the bottom of the door was to big hence the cat and rat. changing rooms didnt do much either and they were copensated when they returned home.
sorry mate.
I have friends Staying at Lunamar apartment is Marmaris. I told them i would go there and let them know what it's like. I have a bit of a problem though...I can't find the place. All I know is the apartments are in Armutalan.
Does anyone have a better idea of the location and what the accomodation is like?????
It is located on steep hillside at back of resort. You can go there from the centre of Armutalan. 5 minutes driving distance from Pehivanoglu supermarket...
does anyone know what the place is like?
Lunamar Hotel - quite location, clean,
Mehmet the manager is very friendly.
Swimming pools are big & very clean...
does the dolmus stop nearby?
the dolmus station is opposite pehivanoglu, U think the no1 and no2 go there.
Hi has any one been to these appartments?We are going on 15th july. Any info would be helpfull.Thanks Anne. :D
Hi I am going there on the 4th July, only seen good reviews about it, have been trying to find out a bit more info myself :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.