Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Mum and I stayed there a few years ago now, they were still building the Tropical part of the complex at the time.
We had a good time, we got allocated a suite with seating area and fridge, loads of room in both this and the bedroom. The decor and furniture were OK, bathroom a little tired but everything worked. The grounds are impressive and look stunning lit up at night. Two pools when we were there (not sure if they put in another with the other hotel part) one free-form and quiet with its own bar (not swim up) and the activity pool which did have a swim up bar. Food varied from good to awful with more good nights than bad, we certainly didn't starve but were getting very bored by the end of our holiday. The beach is very long but you can only swim in a small part of it as there are rocks all along except for a small roped off area that has been cleared and that gets deep very quickly, with the pull of the tide and the sand I had problems getting out so tended to just paddle between the rocks and swim in the pools. I would say the build of this hotel is impressive, maybe it was a higher star rating at first it certainly looks like it could have been but it needed investment which may have happened since they built the other part.
Oh yes we liked this hotel for the walks along the top of the beach toward the beach restaurants, there is a path with frequent seating for the less able where the sellers have stalls set out with their wares, non were too pushy but liked you to stop for a chat. There is a small disco in the evening but I think you had to pay for drinks in there but I'm not sure. The only reason we haven't returned to this hotel is that its so isolated and a long transfer from the airport. This is one of Mum's favourite hotels and we didn't find much to complain about but it has been a few years since we were there.
have a good time
Lynn
i am going to the luperon beach no reviews on it
so just wondering if anyone has been or its sister hotel tropic luperon

never been to the caribbean before so anyone have any good advice for the dom rep!!!

thanks
I can't give you an up to date review on the Luperon its been a few years since our visit but we liked it very much back then (about 8 years ago I think) but it was showing signs of age even then.
You will find some recent reveiws HERE

Lynn
You'll find the hotel's website HERE.

I'll request this hotel be added to the reviews section.

Pippy :D
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Hi Im going to Tropical Luperon with my boyfriend 3 weeks today. Im very excited but have read very mixed reviews, really good and really bad. Is this the same for all places as I found it was the same when we went to Egypt last year and we had a wonderful time!

Is anyone else goin to Luperon Beach soon or have you been?

Think I just need a bit of reassurance!!

P.S. I'm really scared that Malaria tablets will make me feel poorly and I have to take my first lot in a few weeks, anyone had bad experiences with them??!

Thanks, Heather :-)
Hi Heather

For discussion on malaria tablets, please use THIS TOPIC.

Thanks.

hiya! more questions....

I've read in a few places that the taxis from tropical luperon into the city can be $200. does anybody know if this is true, and would it be cheaper to do the excursion visiting the rum factory and shopping etc?

:?: 8)
I'm afraid I can't confirm the cost of a taxi Heather but Luperon certainly is a long transfer from the airport and very isolated, we only did the deep sea fishing trip and we were both very sea sick :?
oh dear :( thankfully we're not planning on doing that trip, i dont know if I'm sea sick though, never been on a boat properly!! Thanks anyway!
Thinking of going to this hotel? I heard good and bad reports... Has anyone actually been here so I could ask a few questiond ?

Thank you

Laura :)
Hi all, has anyone stayed at this resort before? There are no reviews about it. We are going there in October and would like to know a little more about the place. we are staying at the Tropical Beach in Luperon. Thanks in advance.

:cheers

Mark
Try looking on tripavisor for reviews ,they have most resorts :tup
Hi all,

Were looking to book our first hol to the caribean and cannot wait, were looking to book for Aug 09 and have found a good deal on the Thomas Cook website for the above resort, any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

What are excursion prices like? Have read you can go to Ocean World and do a jeep safari any others that you would recommend?
Can you go off resort, have read you can go into the village of Luperon! Is there any restaurants, bars etc in the village?
Is there a kids club, or enough going on to keep a 12 year old happy?
Whats the food like as my 12 year old is a fussy eater?
Any info on what planes Thomas Cook use would be great (i will also post this on the flilghts thread) its just we flew TC last year to Turkey and for me the leg room was fine as im only 5" but my parents want to come with us and my Dads 6" so dont want him cramped up for a 9 hour flight.

If theres any other info you could give me then great. :)
Reviews HERE.

If anyone would like to add their review please do so via link above :tup

Pippy :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.