Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hello Sue, no one can say for sure about that time of year, but a few years ago when we went at New Year it was round the pool weather most days, even went up in the hills on long walks in just a tee shirt. It does cool of at night so you do need a jumper or light coat.

Dave
Hi Sue,
I used to live and work there until very recently. You will have no problems getting a tan in December as the previous writer says. You may get rain for 2 days out of 5 say; after all it is their winter as well! ;)
If you want Christmas/New Year I suggest you book NOW!. This is Madeira's most popular 2 weeks. It has the Guinness Book or Records prize for the longest fireworks display at New Year. My daughter works for Pestana Hotels, so I have a bias! :)
Hi, we went to Madeira for 4 days between Christmas and new year. The wife and I both wore shorts everyday, the evenings were cool but I would have no hesitation going agian at that time of year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.