Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi I don't think you should cancel your holiday, Magaluf in May is fine , quite quiet really, we have been going at the end of May for years, and is never too busy .Although we stay away from the main strip . Where is the Hotel I must admit I have never seen it. ?
I think you will be fine in May. We took my boyfriend's 2 children about 7 years ago, when they were 8 and 12 and they had a great time. It will be busy on the main strip but there are lots of other places to go if you don't want to go there, although I've never seen any trouble - everyone too busy enjoying themselves. If you do go Magaluf, although it is quite expensive, take the children to see the Pirates Adventure. It's just on the outskirts of Magaluf and you can easily walk to it. My boyfriend loves it and we have to go every time we visit Majorca! Also, Benny Hills pub seems very popular with families with young children. Also, you could walk into Palma Nova - you can't really tell where Magaluf ends and PN starts, and PN is very much a family resort.
Vickie

I really don't know why anyone would call the Majorca Beach a young person's Hotel, and it's certainly nowhere near the strip, where the dreaded "young people" go.

You really need to see for yourself what the Hotel and Resort is like. You may be unlucky a get a noisy family above, below or at the side of you, but that can happen anywhere, in any Hotel anywhere in the world.

Also please take these Reviews with a huge pinch of salt. Some people like to stamp their feet and get attention. If you're one of these types (and I'm sure you're not) then Majorca's not the place for you. The Spanish are not too impressed with "complainers" and I've come to learn why. Why bend over backwards to help people with a chip on their shoulders - nothing's ever good enough for them.

If as you say, you're looking to have a good time, a laugh and a few good nights out, then you've chosen exactly the right place to go.

Cheers

Adam
HI there,

I have stayed in the Mallorca Beach a couple of times its ideally situated - literally a couple of paces from the beach, I stayed with hubby, son 16 and his friend 15 the first week in July and didn't have any problems.
Also done a couples holiday there (just myself and the other half) in September 06 and again no problems.
Its not in the busy part but close enough to walk if thats what you want and there are plenty of places to suit all needs.
Just one word - you are so close to the "Pirates show" don't book with the reps as they will charge a premium for the coach and its only a few hundred yards away.
Enjoy and don't worry.

Jojo
Hey there!!

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the hotel recently? Read some reviews and its 50/50 at the moment, some saying its great and others the total opposite.

I stayed at this Hotel some 5 years ago when it was owned and managed by the Iberostar group and JMC Holidays, and thought it was a fantastic hotel then.

Any info greatly appreciated!!

Suddy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.