Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Majorca Beach used to be called Magaluf Beach therefore the reviews are for the same place, it was part of the Iberostar chain when I went but not sure if it still is as I cant find it on the Iberostar website anymore :?

Anyway myself and my sister went September last year and had a great time the hotel was excellent and it is an aparthotel but we were Half Board. It is right on the beach ideally located at the far end so not where all the noise is but within easy reach if thats what you want. I could ramble on about this hotel for ages so probably best if you let me know what you want to know and I will do my best to answer all your questions. pm me if its easiest, but whatever I am sure you will have a great time!!

I will be happy help :D :D :D
(wish I was going back here but going to Bulgaria insted in 13 days to a hotels thats not completely bulit yet oops!!!)
I've booked to go on the 11th july. When I booked it was still showing on the iberostar site but it has since been removed as has the royal beach hotel.
Hope it is still up to iberostar standards

Biff
I am guessing that it is no longer Iberostar then!! I have just looked on Thomas Cook's Website, which says:

This popular aparthotel has a friendly, lively atmosphere and good standards throughout. Formerly known as the Iberostar Majorca Beach

I am sure you will all have a great time though! :D :D
We are due to stay at the Majorca Beach from the 16th August. We last stayed there when it was the Magaluf Beach and was branded as JMC.

Like everyone else we noticed that the hotel , along with its sister the Royal Beach ( further down the front) are no longer branded as Ibersotar but in the brochure as Thomas Cook hotels.

Hopefully before too long somebody will post and set us all at ease.

Regards

Jo
Hi my wife, two boys 8/3 and I are going to the Majorca Beach on the 21st June, It'll be the first time for us to go there and the reviews that we've read have all been positive.

It was part of the Iberostar group but for whatever reason it has changed

I will tell you all about the place when i return. I'm sure we'll enjoy the hotel as you will........ :D :D :D :D
Almobal,

In am sure you will have a great holiday as the Childrens entertainment team seemed excellent as all the children were having a great time :pele , so I am sure yours will too and especially with the hotel been on the beach you have only got to walk a few meters and your on the beach. Have a great Hol!! :D :D
Thanks for your comments - Little-Jem. Really starting to look forward to it now. I am sure we will have a great time if the read ups are anything to go by. :D :D :D :D Will obviously record our findings on this site on our return. :hyper
Hi,
My son arrived there on Saturday and says its brilliant,right on the beach and close to shops,bars etc.
Hia I can see a few people have been here over the past couple of months, is there any chance of an update on the hotel now it is no longer an Iberostar, me and son are going to this hotel, fly out on 22 August :)
Is the entertainment good, whats the kids entertainment like, (mind you my son is 12, so not such of a young child), what are the prices of drinks ?
Any views would be greatly appreciated :D
Cheers :glynis

Roo
Reviews from recent visitors to this hotel would be welcome on the following page:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/(Iberostar)/

David :wave
Hia again, does anyone have a contact number or email address to this hotel, I have searched and searched the internet with no avail :( would be greatly appreciated if anyone can point me in the right direction of getting a telephone number or email address.

Roo
According to the link David has posted above, the telephone number is +34 971 131 054. Website addresss http://www.iberostar.com

HTH

luci :wave
Hia Luci
Thanks for your response :) the Majorca Beach is no longer an Iberostar hotel, I have yet to try the number you have given but will do, and hopefully it will be for the Majorca Beach :)
Thanks again Luci :glynis

Roo
i'm at the majorca beach at the moment
it is still run by iberostar, just no longer on its website as it is exclusively thomas cook brits here.
It is at the moment swaming with 18-30's which is a nightmare. The reps are getting loads of complaints every morning, the reps are handeling it realy well and many of the groups have been evicted, but it is certainly not a family hotel at the moment. I will try to log on later in the week with more info but now going out on the town

HTH
Biff
Hi there Biff, if at all could you please, please, pretty please, lol, try and get me the phone number for the Majorca Beach or email address, we are due there the 22nd August and I wanted to speak to someone at the hotel, before we arrive if at all possible.
Cheers :glynis
Have a Great hol and more good nights out on the town :)
Thanks

Roo
Telephone number and website address HERE

luci :wave
Hi all,

I watched the package holidays uncovered programme on itv the other week and it was saying how dangerous swimming pools can be. Anyway it reminded me of how dangerous the one at Majorca Beach hotel is and then just as I was thinking this it showed the Majorca Beach hotel pool, they spoke to management and asked why there were no life guards on duty and they said that they do have them but just werent on duty at that time!, but during my stay there I never saw a life guard as they simply didnt have one but whether that has changed now I dont know.

Anyway basically just wanted to warn those that are going with children to be very careful as the pool is a big square that is very, very deep!! I didnt feel comfortable in it myself last year, so please just keep an eye on those little ones!!

Hope everyone has a lovely holiday, as the pool aside I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Jem :D :D
I agree there are no lifeguards here and the main pool is very deep, 1.45metres is the shallowist and that is only for about a foot then gets a lot deeper. going as deep as 2.45 meters.
There are so many complaints here
The reps do a brilliant job but it is beyond them to control the yobs,
screaming and shouting from the balocony all day and All night, they have even had to move the entertainment inside because of the abuse and heckling.
yesterday morning at 5am all the sunbeds had been thrown in the pool.

On a brighter note, the food is very good, the rooms are adequate and cleaned every day and the staff are very helpful

will post more on my return next week.
If you have an option and are a family I suggest you try and change your hotel, however if you are a group of singles you will love it.

HTH
Biff
Hia again :D Luci thanks for the link, Jem thanks also for your posting :)
Biff thanks also for your update matey :) A few years ago when my son was about 6, we went to Ibiza and lets just say there was a few rowdy lads there, they started throwing things out of windows, and one was a ciggarette which unfortunatly landed on my son, well lets just say I was not a happy mummy, thankfully son was ok. It really annoys me when all it takes is a few to spoil a holiday and do stupid things, but glad that the reps are handling the situation. We had an awful holiday last year, got placed next to an 18-30's hotel, (very long story) did not get a wink of sleep, and people having sex in the alley way between hotels, after much complaining we did get moved, also fights breaking out in the pool, as water polo matches were being set up by reps from the hotel we were in with the 18-30's hotel.
As I said glad reps are trying to control the situation.
Thanks again for your postings.
Bye for now
Roo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.