Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
We went to the Royal Beach last year. Food is good and plentiful with a good range of meats, chips, salads etc.. - can be a bit repetative but on the whole I would recommend it.

Your 12 years younger than me and we had kids in tow so can't really comment on where to go after midnight, but turning right out of the hotel and within 5 mins your in the centre of the action. If you did a pub crawl and had one drink in each bar you're probably in for a cheap night as they offer the first drink at a promotional price.

There are a couple of decent restaurants on the promenade you may want to try.

I would also highly recommend the wild west waterpark (the one on the right that is as you enetr the car parks off the main road- there are 2 right next to each other). Water sports - paragliding, banana boats etc.. if you fancy them.

One final thing, if you mail the hotel and ask for a first floor room you get a big veranda you can step out on - we did and fortunately got one.

I'm sure you'll have a great time, we did!
probably the best place to go out and have a nice meal would be the boat yard or crusoes both on the beach front , owned by the same family .
if you want good value for money , you might want to try the happy house which is on the sea front also.
as for nightclubs most pubs close at 4 oclock , but if you want more BCM is very good and the bora bora nightclub is good too .

http://www.bigjimfin.com
hi i am going to the royal beach magaluf and wondered if anyone had been . i especially would like to know what the food is like . we are going self catering but are thinking of upgrading to half board or allinclusive when we get there . any information at all would be very welcome thanks
I haven't stayed there but when we were in Palma Nova a couple of weeks ago we were talking to a lady who was there and she said it was very good.
We are also staying at the Royal Beach in July, I've read quite a few reviews on various sites and the majority are favourable. Its right on magaluf beach, we used to walk past it when we were walking down the prom last summer and it looked nice so decided to book it this summer. Its about a 2 minute walk away from a beach bar that sells the nicest frozen cocktails i've ever had, perfect for a hot summers day.

Does anyone know the email address for the Royal Beach and also which hotel chain owns it now since Iberostar left, if you do then please pm me
Try Thomas Cook because Iberostar also used to own the Mallorca Beach Hotel which is also right on the beautifal Magaluf beach and when they pulled out Thomas Cook took over and destroyed it! :cry:
Oh and the name of the bar is the Dauqari Palace - and I agree they are wonderful :P
i have read reviews on this hotel and they say that they make a charge for deck chairs by the pool,hopefully these are not true but it keeps cropping up.
Hi
I have'nt stayed in the Royal Beach but my sister did 2 years ago. lovely hotel only down side no air con in room had to hire a fan from hotel
lovely pool area right on beach
Hi all,

Am off to the above hotel in October, and am staying in room 281.....does anyone know if this is a sea view room?

Thanks,
Donna :cheers
I don't want to panic you but we were booked into the Royal Beach for the 18th October and Alpharooms recently offered us alternative accommodation as they said that it was shut. Only that we were offered better for the same price I would have kicked up a fuss as from what I could see, it still looked like it was taking bookings. You'd better check for peace of mind.
Thank you itsmma.

This is a family's apartment that we are staying at, so I don't know if it makes any difference that it's a private rent....I'll check with my auntie.

Thanks for the tip off!

Donna
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.