Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi there. We went to this show in October 2005, it is at the top end of Protaras near McDonalds. (You cant miss the golden arches :cry: ). I recommend this show it is fantastic, a mix of dancing water and fire and lasers. it cost £5 each to go in. They also expect you to buy a drink while you are in there so be warned! But it is a great show and lasted for about an hour so you do get your moneys worth.
...... :D we are thinking of going there this year aswell.

:roll: What age range do you think the show Is for Kismetkaz?

My children will be 13 and 11, and my niece and nephew 6 and 7.

........ Or Is the show also for Adults aswell?
Tnahks. :wink:
Hi Choco

Re your question on restaurants near the Vangelis, what type of restaurant are you after? The Vangelis are located right in the middle of the strip, great location so everything's there, but let me know what you like and I'll try to recommend!

We stayed at the Vangelis just last month. :D

Kezza
Hi cookie - show is for all ages, I have been with hubby, kids and my mum - we all enjoyed it. :lol:
:D Thanks Meerkat, will probably go and see it now!

....... we have always liked the look of It. :wink:
Hi there, yes show is suitable for all ages, young and old alike. We really enjoyed it and we are 34/42! Kids will love it too.
Hi Kezza,

We tend to go for Italian food, steaks, chinese but we are not fussy and like to try the local fayre too.

How was the Vangelis?
Hi Choco

I got your PM, so I'll put some thoughts down and PM you back :D

Kezza
We went and it was so boring! A waste of time!
We went and it was so boring! A waste of time!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Ooh, was It really........ I dont mind paying for something thats worth

the money (I am from Yorkshire after all :wink: :lol: )
Have to admit we weren't too impressed either. Fine for 10 minutes - then repetitive, but the fire at the end wasn't bad. I think the kids may love it, but you may be shifting uncomfortably in your seat aftera while ,and griping at the price of the drinks!

Richie
I agree its a waste of money - really boring!!! But. . . . if you are looking for a fantastic place to eat try the Anatolia Restaurant, its past MacDonalds and up to the Egyptian bar on the corner and turn right - Anatolia is the first eating place you come to on the right hand side. They do a great selection of set menu's, we were in Protaras for 14 nights last year and ate there 10 of them. The added bonus is the open terrace of the restaurant looks right onto the rear of the dancing water show and you can watch it for free whilst enjoying great food. All the waiters and staff are lovely with children and make them feel really special. Hope you manage to find it and Enjoy!!! :D :D :D
same here, loved the anatolia, brilliant food great prices good menu with "jacket,rice,or chips" also you can see a little of the dancing waters from near the restaurant to give you an idea before you go to see it.
Thanks for the info, i think Anatolia will definately be on my list.
After reading the review on the fountain I think my hubby and 16yr old would be bored, but Im sure the view from the restaurant will do fine.
This is our first time time in Cyprus and really looking forward to it.

Cheers

Choco :D
hi, i am going back to protaras in october, we never tried the anatolia restaurant or the dancing fountains but i will def be trying the restaurant when we go back, it sounds really good especially if you get a preview of the dancing fountains.
we are going to cyprus protaras for the first time and the magic waters was recommended by a family member who has been there, but after reading the comments above may be will try anatolias first before going for it..
I wonder why no one is talking about the water show in protaras!!! It is one of the must see in cyprus. very nice show with fire, colors, and musically dancing water! makes a good combination and interestin one hour show
Try it you will not lose anything.

Kostas
Yes exactly what i was talking about!!! but seeing it live is much more fascinating.

Kostas
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.