Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hello alizda, the only thing to remember is the bigger the resort the more that will be open even places like Palma Nova/Magalluf a lot of the bars close as they go home for Christmas/new year as there is not that many people about to stay open. The weather can be nice but it is also winter in the Med as well so can also be wet, but it will be better than at home.

Dave
We stayed at the Hotel Helios in Can Pastilla for new year 2005 the weather was sunny but cold with snow on the mountain tops, we travelled to Soller on the train in sunny weather but you really need a coat. Mallorca is not especially busy but there is plenty going on in Palma and we would certainly go again. The Helios was full with the Spanish pensioners who certainly seemed to enjoy it.

Dave :)
As TRH says, the bigger the resort the better chance of finding things open.

We close our Bar in December because it's just not worth opening, nearly all the Hotels around us are closed at that time of year, and although there are a few locals, they only come out rarely because they are not working themselves. However as has also been said, the weather for the past 2 winters has been beautiful, and if you are not looking to go out clubbing every night, in Magalluf you will have a choice of maybe 10 or 15 bars to choose from, most of the Spanish Bars will be open, and the Hotels do spoil their customers over Christmas and New Year with Gala Dinners etc etc.

I would recommend the Sol Magalluf Park, as it is situated between Magalluf and Palma Nova, and because it's always been a popular choice, and will be quite busy, a lot of the Bars opposite like the Fountain, Flavours, Oak etc stay open. Alternatively I think the Santa Lucia in Palma Nova stays open, and they have normally a very good entertainment programme.

I wouldn't recommend Santa Ponca, since I remember a couple of times last year we went to SP for a change and the place was really deserted.

Hope this helps.
try hotel marina luz in can pastilla they have recently had total reform and in the local newspapers they are offering special new years eve and christmas packages with special dinners. Son Amar or Es foguero are also excellent if you are lookin to eat out with something really special.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.