General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I watch that programme and the care the holidaymakers are given seems really good (apart from the bloke who had to have the cage on his head, & it appeared that when he got home he had to have 'different' treatment).

It appears that they are building a new hospital the Espasa :- http://www.baleareslive.com/info_comercio.php?p=espasa-hospital-are-real&id=71&l=en
My dad was unlucky enough to have a heart attack whilst he and my mum were in Santa Ponsa about 3/4 years ago. He was rushed to Son dureta hospital in Palma where he underwent and operation to insert 2 stents. I'm very pleased to say he made a full and speedy recovery :)

His insurance took care of all the payments and dad has nothing but praise for this hospital. He reckoned the speed and efficiency of his treatment surpassed anything he would have received here in Wales.

http://www.hsd.es/husd.php?cs=12
That must have been really scary for you all Shirley am so pleased regarding his recovery & treatment :tup
Thanks Glynis. My mum found it hard to cope so I flew out with my niece as soon as I heard the news. I have nothing but praise for Easyjet either. We drove to Bristol (just under 2 hours) on the spur of the moment and told them at the Easyjet desk that we needed to get on the next flight to Majorca as dad had had a heart attack. As it happened they'd just closed one flight but as we only had hand luggage they contacted somebody and they re-opened it to let us board. It was one hell of a rush and I was in a bit of a mad panic but it all turned out well.
Well done Easyjet - I've seen it occasionally happen in their fly on the wall documentary.

Going back to the hospitals I think I'd feel secure in a Spanish hospital.
The standard of care in many overseas countries is a lot better than you might think....
I can only think of a handful of "popular" countries where I would be scared if I had to go into hospital (and some of them might surprise you!!)

ATB,J.
Juaneda and Son Dureta are private hospitals so you're okay if your travel insurance will pay up.....have seen it where they won't and patients have been moved to a local health service hospital.
About 12 years ago whilst on holiday in Sa Coma, I ended up in hospital - the one at Manacor. Treatment was excellent. No complaints at all.
A few years ago my husband swallowed some water when swimming in the sea and became very ill. We were in C'an Picafort and he was taken by ambulance to Palma, to the Clinica Feminia. I stayed with him and was given a bed in his room. I was presented with a lunch and dinner menu and a choice of mealtimes. I was also told that I could go out to use the swimming pool if I wanted to. The staff were fantastic and I would say the clinic was like a 5* hotel. We were on a Thomson holiday and I may be wrong , but I think Thomson's had an arrangement with the Clinic. A Thomson rep was around often and I would say the way we were treated could not have been better. Insurance paid for everything too.
Yes I was taken into a Palma hospital years ago when I took my son on holiday by myself. My son was allowed to stay in my private room and we had a veranda to sit on. The staff were lovely. Insurance paid too.
I broke my leg and ankle quite badly in Rhodes some years ago.I couldn't fault the hospital. I had x-rays, a back slab plaster(flying home 2 days later so they were concerned about swelling), pain relief and crutches. For all this I was charged the princely sum of £31.00!!! The local hospital were very impressed by the plaster and said they were stunned that it was done in a Greek local hospital.
Oh dear, your topic was about Spain, not Greece. Oops!! Sorry. :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.