Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Majorcan TV
5 Posts
Spanish television does have children's programmes (usually in the mornings and at and tea-time) but they will generally be in Spanish. You might get the occasional English/American cartoon in English with Spanish subtitles. When my daughters were younger, this did not seem to bother them - I think it is the visual rather than the words that get their attention. My youngest liked watching Teletubbies in Spanish (Ole instead of 'eh-oh' :lol: )! I doubt if they'll have much time for TV though!

If you just want a bit of peace whilst making breakfast etc... a couple of DVD's won't take up much space in your luggage!
Or you could convert some dvds using nero and turn them into vcds then you'll fit 4 or 5 films on each blank dvd!
Same position as you last year so we took our portable DVD player and a whole host of DVD's - kids loved them on a morning whilst getting ready to go out and late afternoon.
Hi, word of advice. We took dvds once and when we played them the sound was taken off and replaced with sub titles so you may want to make sure they play english ones with the sound. You can also hire dvd players from the airport now quite cheaply or take a play station 2 if you have one.

Sally
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.