Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
malaga to nerja
10 Posts
Not a problem.

Assuming you are flying to Malaga.

Get the local (Blue Bus) from the airport ( 50 yds right of the exit door) to Malaga bus station. (approx 90c p/p) (Take your cases inside)

Once at the Bus station. (Stance 35 If I remember correctly) Go to Nerja ( approx €2)(put your cases in the storage compartments in the lower part of the bus.) relax, enjoy the greenhouses on the way, arrive at the bus terminal. From there you can get a taxi to anywhere in Nerja for €5.

'You Lucky people'

ps. Look at the Nerja thread for more info. Enjoy. 8) 8)
  • Edited by DarkIsle 2008-04-27 23:25:02
DarkIsle - how long does it take to get from Malaga to Nerja?
It's one of the places I'm considering for a break next year.
Thanks.
If there are 5 of you it may work out just as cheap if not cheaper to share the cost of a mini bus type taxi.

About 50 minutes drive I would say.
Many thanks for the replies.
Dark Isle we are flying into malaga. Can't wait to visit Nerja again went last October for the first time and realy enjoyed it.
I was just concerned that with luggage for 5 people we may take up too much space - it being public transport and get complaints or refused to board. Do you think there will be enough room in luggage compartment for 5 cases.
Indigo thanks for the suggestion. The company we have booked accomodation with can arrange transport but have quoted 100 euros one way as we need mini bus rather than taxi. Last year there were only 4 of us but it was a mini bus that arrived anyway and this cost 60 euro. Different firm and can't remember the name of the taxi company.

Thanks again.
Apologies for repeat posts. My computer keeps saying page expired and then when i click try again it posts a second time. Will probably do the same again with this.
It's one of the places I'm considering for a break next year.
Thanks.

puddleduck2.
It takes approx 60/75 minutes, depending on whether the bus goes the scenic route or slightly more direct route.

Dark Isle we are flying into malaga. Can't wait to visit Nerja again went last October for the first time and realy enjoyed it.
I was just concerned that with luggage for 5 people we may take up too much space - it being public transport and get complaints or refused to board. Do you think there will be enough room in luggage compartment for 5 cases.

al26.
The local bus from the airport to Malaga could be a bit of a squeeze, but no problem (we had four cases in September).

From Malaga to Nerja, there's plenty of room underneath and comfy buses into the bargain.
Thanks Dark Isle.
Thanks Guys - sounds doable with a small one, we'd probably hire a car rather than get the bus though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.