Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
you will have to come off your route to go into Nerja for ease of parking there is a medium size supermacado on the Avae Pesca [N340-A]
near the central sports complex

wiz
There is a decent supermarket in Nerja. Was in there in February with my sister who spends the winter there. Impressed with both the range and prices.

Not far from the bus station - that is all I can tell you.

fwh
Thanks Gents. I knew you wouldn't let me down :tup
If you stop off at Torrox Costa, there is a Mercadona supermarket there. come off the motorway, follow signs to Torrox Costa and when you get to the main junction in Torrox Costa, turn right. Mercadona is about 500 mts on the right. You will also pass a Supersol, but I find Mercadona to be cheaper and their own brand goods are great value.
Liz
Thank you Liz. Very grateful for all the advice. So looking forward to visiting this part of Spain again after many years.

Doe :wave
Hi Doe.
I've never been myself, but about half way between Malaga Airport and Nerja on the E-15 (A-7) Autovia del Mediterráneo and conveniently situated just off the motorway roundabout at junction 272 (Velez-Malaga and Torre del Mar, not to be confused with Malaga) there is a massive shopping mall called El Ingenio"¦looking at google, it's literally just off the roundabout with a "slip road" to re-enter the motorway to carry on heading towards Nerja.

Apart from cinema's, clothes shops, fast food outlets and selling cheap petrol, there is also on site a vast supermarket called Eroski. Opening hours: Monday to Saturday 10am to 10pm,apparently, it's so big, that you can't miss it.
I will send you a pm with maps.

HTH's
Sanji
Thanks again Sanji. This really is more help than I even thought to get.

At one point I was kicking myself for not ordering one of cosmos welcome food hampers but from the sounds of things I have done the right thing and can pick up provisions on the way. :tup

We will have a car for the duration so we are quite mobile, provisions are mainly for day time as hoping to sample local eateriers most evenings. This is all quite a shift for us from the last few years.

Here you go ... sorry the english translated version doesn't seem to work.
Basically, 100 shops, 12 cinema's, bowling ally's and a massive hipermercado called EROSKI that apparantly sells just about everything, with direct acess to the motorway...salida 272...leave junction 272.
http://www.elingenio.es/
http://www.elingenio.es/privado.htm
So, I reckon you did the right thing not having a Cosmos welcome pack, this place is on route and hardly out of your way. ;)

Sanji
Thanks Sanji your a star :thanks

Your probably right about the pack as they were 30GBP for the basic and 45GBP for the better one, but you didnt get any details as to what is in it.

Just to give some brief feedback to anyone who may be going to Nerja or similar in a Villa in the near future.

We used the Mercadona at C/San Miguel, Pasaje San M, Nerja, which I think is the one kindly recommeded by LizSpain and others (sorry not great on directions :oops: ) so many thanks for this.

It was great for holiday grocery shopping, not too big so it didn't seem like you were doing your 'shop' at home and mainly used by Spanish people which I liked.

Three bills though

61.25 Euros - day 1
59.60 Euros - day 3
18.96 Euros - day 5

So 139.81 Euros :shock: for a week of shopping peripheral to the main meal of the day, apart from one evening meal on the first night.

I honestly feel for what we bought this was expensive, I know folk will say 'but it's the exchange rate' well that's true, but it doesn't make it any less significant when doing your holiday budget.

We ate out in restaurants 6 evening out of 7. So these bills were for breakfasts, soft drinks, water, lunch stuff and one dinner that did involve a lot of entrecote steak and large gambas. :tup Only alcohol bought - two bottles of cheap wine and 12 tiny san miguels.

In comparison restaurants seemed good value as we never paid more than 80 euros a night for a good quality, 2 course meal for 4 although we are not big drinkers and normally managed with a litre of 12 euro sangria and bottled water.

Superb selection of restaurants in Nerja, all interspersed with lovely little tourist shops selling better than average products, beautiful costume jewelry, clothing, leather goods, paintings, interesting liquor and food shops, etc in an area near the Balcon de Europa. We also ate in Frigliana village a couple of times which was lovely and so scenic.

We had a brilliant time and would go back in a heartbeat. :cheers
Hope the info might help someone, Doe :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.