Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
I have never been to any of the islands you have listed but on the islands we have been they run sunset fishing trips - where you get a hook and line and fish maldivian style otherwise its deep sea fishing - have you checked the islands websites they normally list the activities but as far as I know there is no fishing from beaches or british style fishing
Hope this helps
Thank you sg1 :)
I looked at Kuramathi website and the only fishing trip they state is Big Game Fishing for 600 USD.
It looks like we are going to book the Herathera resort and I checked and they do different fishing trip.
zabka
Whilst $600 looks a lot i believe it normally for the whole boat so the if you got 4 or 5 people on the trip the cheaper it becomes - its just a thought as I understand its an experience if you are into that sort of thing
So today we booked the Herathera resort. They open on the 1st November and we will be one of the first people there (arriving 2nd Nov). Hopefully everything will go smoothly and we are going to have a great holiday.
Zabka

Hope you have a good holiday, let us all know how you get on, we are going next June.

Regards

SKCI
Hi SKCI

Only 6 weeks to go and we can't wait. I only hope that the island will be finished. I have butterflies in my stomach now :)

When we get back I will let you know how everything went. We booked beach villa on all inclusive.
We have booked to go here 16th June 08 - im sooooooo excited as I Will be having my 40th birthday while we are there. :o :D 8) :D :yipee

Zabka would you be so kind as to do a full review when you get home? Hope you have a fantastic time.

Heres a link to the website http://www.Herathera.com
Wow Ellibee - well done for booking that fantastic holiday - you deserve a nice holiday like that -and especially as it will be a special event being your 40th :)
You will be a member of my club then :lol:

It sounds a fantastic place too
Hi Elliebee

We are flying on the 19th June actually get there on 20th June next year, I too will be celebrating my 40th birthday on 23rd June. I will be going with my wife and two children aged 3 (boy) and 6 (girl), perhaps we will see you there

Zabka

Hope all goes well with your holiday and we all look forward to your review when you get back.

regards to all

SKCI
Hi SKCI fellow Cancerian :) My Birthday is on the 22nd June :D

Im sure we will see eachother there. Are you staying in a Jacuzzi or Beach Bungalow?
Elliebee

We are stopping in the beach villas due to the young children they are not allowed to stay in the jacuzzi ones.

This is our first time to the malidives we normally go to the caribbean but we are so excited we are already starting to count the days.

Regards

SKCI
SKCI

We decided not to book the Jacuzzi Bungalow as Hubby says its a lot to pay just to have a bath in the garden :lol: The beach bungalows look wonderful anyway and quite luxurious.

This is also our first time in the Maldives, we usually go to Goa (we are off there for Christmas) which is a wonderful place but have liked the look of the Maldives for a long time. I cant wait to read peoples reports who are going for the opening, lets hope there aren't too many teething problems - if there are lets hope they are only small ones.
Elliebee

i am sure there will be teething problems but hopefully all sorted by the time we go. who are you flying with and from which airport, we are flying first choice from manchester.

I too am waiting for the first reviews of the place, hopefully they will be good, only another 6 weeks or so until it opens.

Hope you have a great time in Goa for Xmas.

Regards
SKCI
We are also flying with First Choice but from Gatwick - Have never flown with them before but hear nothing but good things so am looking forward to the flight also.

Ellie
Hi Elliebee and SKCI

We are celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary there. I am counting days now :D . We are flying Qater Airways (never flown them before but they are apparently good).

It is our first time in the Maldives too. I will definitely let you know how our holiday went. I really hope that everything will be super as we are 2 couples going - and I was the one who chose this Island - so I am responsible for 3 other people :wink: I would be in trouble if something was not perfect :D
Zabka I really hope you have a wonderful time. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary :)

Cant wait for your report :yipee
Hi guys

Well, our holiday in the Maldives was amazing..... but it was not spent on Herathera.

We found out that the resort will not be finished and our travel agent put us for the first 3 nights on Meeru and after that we were suppose to be on Herathera. After we got to Meeru, we were told that Herathera is not finished yet and we will be staying on Meeru for the whole stay. They wanted us to stay in Land villa (but it was less than we paid for, because Meeru was one of my other options and I knew how much that would be). After a little 'discussion' we were upgraded to Jacuzzi Water villa!!

The whole week was really amazing, the food is lovely and the staff very helpful.

I wish I could tell you anything about Herathera but now I will be looking forward to your reviews. I am sure that you will have great holiday!
Zabka

Sorry you did not get to herathera but really pleased you had a good time on Meeru.

Regards

SKCI
From what I have seen on U-Tube and the discussion on the forum dedicated to Herathera (good source of info)I think you were lucky Zabka
latest news is that First Choice will not send any guests until after 12 Jan 08, despite the hotel saying it will be up and ready by mid December - my advice for any booked to this hotel with any Tour operators is seek ot change their booking or wait until it has been running for 6 months or more to iron out the usual new hotel issues, its a lot of money and a long way to find that the exceptions built up by the glossy website are severely overstated.
Sg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.