Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Malta report
9 Posts
Tanks for the review Justval - really interesting.

Kath x
Brilliant Review Val. We are still hoping to get to Gozo/Malta some time in the near future .It's somewhere the boys are keen to dive so that was an interesting read .

I certainly won't be going anywhere near the Bella vista after reading your review . :(
Excellent and very informative report Val :tup

There certainly has been a lot of money well spent at Mgarr and it makes it much easier for foot passengers, Cirkewwa must be due to get similar work done?
The bargain for me is getting the bus from Mgarr to Victoria for only a few cents, Victoria and the Citidel are lovely with stunning views out over the green countryside of Gozo.

We are also back in September staying in Marsaxlokk and are really looking forward to that :hyper
I'm surprised with your prior knowlege of the islands and that as a scuba diver you allowed yourself to book anywhere near Qawra, a bit like a dieter booking into a chocolate factory on a health farm holiday. Hope you enjoy your next visit more, i'm sure you will. :wave:
I'm surprised with your prior knowlege of the islands and that as a scuba diver you allowed yourself to book anywhere near Qawra

it wasnt our first choice by a long shot...it was a spurr of the moment cheapy. There is a good dive school based in Bugibba who Rob was originally going to do a a Technical 50 course with that are highly recommended within the dive community..so as they are based there, we ended up there. Obviously, with the Island being as it is, most of the diving is accessible via shore diving. In the event, Rob did not do the Tec 50 course and the winds affected the currents and made a vast number of the Malta dive sites inaccessible or too dangerous..no matter where you were based or which dive school you were booked with. In the event, I did no diving and Rob did just 2 at Manoel Island in difficult conditions.

We will not be staying at Bugibba or Qawra again....it is a good place to change buses...but we may visit it for a night out.
I didn't dislike this visit..I always enjoy coming to Malta/Gozo and never want to leave the place..hopefully, when we return in September, the weather conditions will lead to better diving. ( or at least some in my case! :rofl )
Thanks for that superb report. It was nice to see a mention of the "Apple Bar" -this is my favourite bar in the area, and there is lots of competition in Tourist Street! It was the cheapest bar that I found - as of six months ago, a pint of draught lager was only one Euro, but even more important, it is a regular meeting place for tourists and expats and there is always someone to talk to to find out any news. It is quite a small bar but the fron tables are popular as it is a sun-trap.

I agree entirely about the friendly atmosphere that the proprietors provide. Well worth a visit.

Another bar for chatting to expats is the Shoebox near to the the San pawl Hote. George the proprietor is great old chap who will regale stories and help with any questions or queries.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.