Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
My husband and I stayed at this dreadfull hotel over the New Year 2005/06, the rooms were dirty and bed sheets ripped. The towels weren't fit for the bin and the mattress on my bed had collapsed. :x
We complained but then paid to move to another hotel costing £200 extra for a week.
When I got home I've complained numerous times and reported them to ABTA. The only reply was we should have complained in Malta!!!!!!

WE DID. :evil:

I would never stop at that Hotel again and it ruined our view of Malta. Why isn't this place shut down??????

Anyone else had any joy getting any money back off Malta 'Bargains'?

Mx
Hi Bikermitch,

I hope it hasn't put you off going to Malta.

Like many others I can't understand why something isn't done about this place. Mind you there are people out there that say they enjoy staying there?????

Trev
It makes me think about the state of maintenance of their plane BritishJet. If they are cutting corners on their hotels with regard to quality and general upkeep then what are they doing with the plane :omg
Wow m&n, I never thought of that one. :shock:

Must make sure we don't use BritishJet ever!!!

Cheers,

Trev
Hi there :wave Surley there are strict rules and regs in the aviation industry to ensure that any plane is safe!!! I think this could be a bit of scaremongering :roll: I would use British Jet again.
I have used them and I would probably use them again but I would also pay up to £30.00p.p more for the same flights with either BA or Air Malta.

I'm flying out tomorrow and would like to ask if anyone knows what 'FRAGILE' and 'GLASS' is in Maltese. I'm taking over a small glass table top. Hopefully it will arrive in one piece :lol:
Trev

No, its a lovely place but it does affect your holiday when the hotel is a fleapit! We would go back again but not stopping at the Palm Court.
The hotel we moved to around the corner (Suncrest) was lovely.

And I found out today that the bloke who owns Malta 'bargains' owns Palm Court Hotel....No wonder they advertise it as their 'flagship' hotel. Should be sunk me harty's!!'

Cheers
Bikermich
Yep Malta Bargains owns the Palm Court and the Venus(just around the corner)
The reason Palm Court is actually very popular is that MaltaBargains owns the airline that takes you there - so for an all inclusive deal it's very good value even if it is a bit frayed around the edges! I've said before, will say again, if you want to pay three times as much then you're welcome to - it's only a hotel after all. One of the problems with Palm Court is that people expect 4 star accommodation for 2 star prices! And who ever uses an indoor plunge pool??? You've got the sea about 5 minutes away - go there! Brett :o)
:D the weather is pretty dior recently. :lol:
"the weather is pretty dior recently. "

is that rhyming slang?? Christian Dior = poor ?? :D
:cry: no g/m not rhyming slang just my finger could not spell what my mind was thinking.
Off topic thread locked.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.