Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Swiss International have announced an increase in frequency of "their" flights to Basel from the end of March. Except it isn't! "Their" Mon-Wed-Friday service will now be operated all 5 days by BMI in a code share, and about 4 hours earlier than the current schedule which will make the return flight very difficult for anyone already booked into hotels in the mountains! The current Saturday flights will still be operated by Swiss, slightly earlier.

added 28/1/11 - I've just checked some prices and it seems they are noticeably cheaper on the Swiss site than on BMIs for the same flights, especially on the Saturday flight.
OPENING TIMES

Does anyone know the opening times for the restaurants in T2 on a Sunday, looking for breakfast at around 06.30/7.00
dojoman43,

Which restaurants? The main one is open from the early hours to accomodate the 6am departures.

Darren
Brilliant - how long before someone starts arguing with them! You work here don't you.....................
dojoman43,

In that case, the main restaurant is open from the early hours where you'll be able to get a breakfast (just need to take a mortgage out to pay for it!). Most of the smaller outlets start opening from about 7am.

Darren
Hi steve8482.

I was listening to the news on Friday and someone from the airport was saying that an elderly gentleman approached the hologram showing his passport and boarding pass and was quite angry when he did not get a response from the hologram, I would have loved to have seen that :rofl

Alan
Hi there,

I've booked a flight to Calgary through canadianaffair.com for Saturday and they said that since I've booked so late I need to pick up my ticket at the Canadian Affair ticket desk. Any idea where in the airport that is?

Thanks!
livesearch123,

Welcome onboard :tup
Who is it you're travelling with? Air Transat or Thomas Cook? Ticket desks are in Terminal 1, on the left as you go in and along the back wall. You'll see them as you walk in.

Darren
livesearch123 wrote:
I'm flying with Thomas Cook.

It that case, the check-in desks are numbers 1-13 in the far left hand corner of T1, the ticket desks are on the left oposite check-in.

Darren
Hi
Just a quick question, I am flying from Manchester to Sanford tomorrow and wanted to know if you are allowed to take a lighter on the aircraft if so Does it matter if it is refillable or disposable?
many thanks
Donna
taboogirl1,

You can take one lighter per person through security. It doesn't matter if it's refillable or disposable. This must be in a clear plastic bag along with any other liquids, gels etc for screening.

Darren
Thank you for the quick reply Darren very much appreciated

Donna Florida here I come :wave: :tup
Have booked Radisson Manchester airport for night prior to travel. Restaurant menu expensive Philleas Fog, anywhere near to eat evening meal. Last year stayed at Bewleys which was good. Couldnot get there this time
There isn't much in the terminals landside anymore. The Raddisson is near the train station and only 15or so minutes from Manchester Piccadilly, it might be worth popping into town and making a night of it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.