Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
z.j.c,

Do you mean all the machinery to the right? It's all the equipment for resurfacing 23R/05L that's just atarted.

Darren
Thanks thats one of them, the other is the entrance to a construction site just outside the entrance to the viewing park is that related to this as well?
z.j.c,

That's the contractors entrance for the runway works, Constan I think is doing it.

Darren
Ryanair unveils new UK base

Ryanair has announced that Manchester will be its next UK base.

The airline will initially base two aircraft at the airport from October operating 17 routes.

By summer 2012, it plans to grow to four aircraft and 26 routes.

Ryanair said its new base will deliver up to 2 million passengers a year and create 2,000 jobs.

The 26 Manchester routes go on sale on its website tomorrow (Wednesday).

The routes are Alicante, Barcelona (Girona), Bezier, Bremen, Brussels, Dublin, Faro, Frankfurt, Ibiza, Katowice, Madrid, Malaga, Memmingen, Milan, Murcia, Oslo, Palma, Paris, Reus, Rome, Rzeszow, Tallinn, Tours, Tenerife and Valencia.

With permission from Travelmole
Dazbo,
Thanks thats the one Yes! Its been bugging me for a while glad someone could clear this up for me,
Thanks.
Hi

We're travelling with First Choice from Manchester in August and I am looking for any one who has used the prior day check in!

It would be extremely convenient if we could check in all bags the day before but am a bit reluctant as I'm thinking the longer they have the bags the longer they have "misplace" the bags! :whoops

Has anyone any good or bad experiences with both Thomson / First Choice and or Manchester Airport?

Thank you!!!!!
please help,

You won't have any problems with bags going missing as they are kept securely for loading on to the flight. I would question how much of a time saver it is though. Unless you are already at the airport the day before, the time saved the following morning is often outweighed by having to visit the airport twice, plus you won't have access you your luggage and bear in mind security restrictions in relation to razors, toiletories etc if you stay somewhere overnight. All passengers must also be present at check-in.

Darren
Question regarding about Terminal 2 car parks. I was hoping to book the multi storey but have left it too late and the cost is £99.

Just looking at T2 Long stay, I am trying to work out what the surface is, Tarmac (smooth) or not, are the parking bays marked or do they "cram" you in.

I normally get a taxi, but as a single getting a taxi is more expensive than some parking and they ask you to call when you have collected your luggage, which means I could be on my way home before the taxi comes and picks up.
Hi Darren

Thanks for your reply - we live about 3 miles from the airport and the day before will be collecting our 2 children from their grandparents, who are looking after them while we pack!!!! We can then get home one of 2 ways of which 1 is via the airport so thought it could make things a little less stressful the day of travel. It's not so much the time saved as trying to keep a 6 and 3 year old occupied in the check in queue - am banking in their excitement not to kick in too much until the day of travel!!!

Thanks again - unless I hear of some horror stories of missing bags think we will go ahead - plus it means I HAVE to be organised so should be able to relax a little more the night before!

P
We used the day before check in when we took our grandkids on holiday and was the best thing we have ever done.
We also live a couple of miles from Manchester airport so no hardship to call the night before and I knew when we got to the airport the following morning and others were queuing out of the door it was the way forward!
We had to pay to use it, I forget how much (maybe £5 each) but worth every penny!
I used the day before bag drop in 2009, I was staying at the premier inn so it was easier, I had no problems at all and even arranged the seat I would be sitting in. It is a great feature, pity the likes of Monarch don't do the same.
Have a great holiday :sun2

Alan.
going through manchester airport for the first time carrying enbrel myclic pens (like an epi pen ) in a Frio cooling bag just wondering what to expect, have got all letters but just a bit nervousabout going through security so any tips appriciated
:que
I wouldn't worry about it Shilo, as long as you've got a letter from your doctor you will be fine. We carry insulin in frio bags reguarly when travelling and have never had a problem at security.
thanks for the reasurance Mdollar, I think i am just a naturall worrier.
I asked a car parking question a few posts back, doesn't anyone have any information on the T2 long stay carpark.
Feebee,

It depends which long stay you're looking at, but if it's the one by the terminal, then it's a hard surface with parking bays.

Darren
Thanks Darren, the photo does give that impression but just wanted to be sure before I decide.

Fiona
Thansk for all the replys re bag drop - but our flight has now been confirmed for after 12:00 so we can't use it! arrgghh - not happy!!!!!
I'm not a travel veteran, but I do know that I prefer flying from Manchester wehenever I can because it just seems somehow friendlier than Heathrow or Gatwick. Also seems more organised. Maybe I've just been lucky! Lol! Going to Vegas next month from there!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.