Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Manoel Theatre
8 Posts
Hi

Manoel theatre is as nice as it appears on the website - however, I believe it closes in the summer as the noise of the Festa fireworks is too much ??
Hi Bluesteve,

We've just come back from our first holiday in Malta. We had a brilliant time and managed to do most of the things on our list, and one of them was seeing "An Evening with Gary Lineker" at the Manoel Theatre! I'd pre-booked on their website and we picked up the tickets on the evening. The theatre is really lovely and the performance was very entertaining - full of very rude words :oops: but great fun!!! :wink:

Valetta is totally different after dark than during the day, not least because it's possible to park the car! It's a shame if the Manoel is closed during the Summer because it's a really special experience.
Thanks for replies. It is a shame about the theatre not opening
during the summer. I will probably visit Valletta and have a look at the
theatre..
On what days do they have the fireworks you mentioned.

steve
which days don't they have fireworks ?? :lol:
right, got you.
Would you recommend a night out in Valletta ? I will be in Bugibba.
It sounds like it gets lively.
Its a long time since I was in Malta. I was in the forces. We used to park out
'canoes' in Grand Harbour. Our visits into town used to end up mainly in the Gut. I assume that has changed over the years.

cheers steve
hi there blue steve

Valletta is very quiet at night now, not like the old day's when all the young ladies paraded down kingsway and vinnie used to play at queens square.
even the gut has gone upmarket with a very nice marks & spencers i havn't ventured down there at night for many years.

inselli ghalik

alan (ex r.a.f.)
Hello Bluesteve, yes take a look at the Manoel Theatre they do a tour round it in the day time and you end up on stage looking out into the stalls, as alan says Valletta is not the same any more, but I have heard that there are some new bars opened down on the waterfront in some old warehouses that I hope to take a look at myself.
Bugibba has lots of night life so you won't have to go to far at night, but if you want to revisit your youth you could try Paceville/St Georges Bay it is like a mad house at the weekends.

Dave (ex Knight of St John 1565 till 1600)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.