Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
mapusa
10 Posts
Anita,

I wouldn't stay in Mapusa as a rule (as she'll be away from most of the fun (on the beach belt), most of our volunteers stay in Calangute /Baga /Anjuna /Candolim way and either get the bus or hire a bike to come in each day.

I'm sure there are apartments close by (which might be cheaper) but it's nice at the coast better choice of restuarants etc.

I'll try and make a lst of good places to eat etc for volunteers.... (when I have a mo... :) )
thanks rob i dont know the north that well just checked the map and see what you mean mapusa is a bit away from the beach .

michelle wont hire a bike so it will be the bus

which is the best place to stay if using the bus to come in to mapusa every day , baga , candolim or calangute ? any info appreciated anyone please anita :D
Not much in it, Calangute is probably the shortest trip as I think both buses go through Clangute to get to Mapusa (From aga and Candolim).
:twisted:
Sorry to but in
Rob I will be coming to Goa arriving 12 Nov for a month with hubby, would like to bring you much needed supplies if you could say what it is your lot need most . (If you would like something for yourself like HP Sauce he he!

just say and its yours

regards
Ginlizzy aka Betty and Tom
We will be bringing a suitcase full too and I will be mentioning Walking Tall whenever I get the chance over on TA too (sorry for swearing :wink: )
GinLizzy - I will have to think, but it's the day to day stuff that we need most, Shampoo, Conditioner, cleaning products, a pack of pan scrubbers etc would come in handy, Air tight food containers (ALthough please don't everyone get these otherwise we might get hundreds!!! :o), baby bottles, (again need 10 max total, wet wipes would be good, it's no fun cleaning up after the babies!Treats for the children (preferably not sweets though, like things you can make), things that come in powwder form that you can had water, or milk to to make desserts etc, then the children can help make etc. We do have an oven, but it's electric and the power isn't always good....

Metal lice combs, small Christmas presents etc... That sort of thing, it's the things that I can't think of which would probably be most useful.. :?

TightJock - Do I need to ask what's behind your HT Name? :roll: Thank yoou so much for all the support, we will try and get things ready so we can give the clothes out to the children who need it.... Maybe a few more trips, Mumbai, Managlore, etc to give some out...
:D Rob we Jocks aren't all tight (honest :wink: )
hmmm but they are so bad at remebering to do stuff!!! ha ha

it seems we are bringing load of disposable nappies lol... everyone i tell has given me thier spare ones from babies that have out grown the small ones...
I have a friend who runs a creche and has told all the mums what i am doing...
That's great... It's a good job they are light! :D Look forward to seeing you later on in the year
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.