Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
march turkey
10 Posts
March is usually nice, warm during the day, abit chilly in the evenings but generally lovely spring weather.

None of the plcaes you have listed are like particularly like Gumbet though
Temperatures in March will be early 20's during the day and you will need a jacket in the evening. It can be windy and then it can be chilly in the day. It is possible that you could get rain then. Sea temperatures are too cold for me to swim although my husband windsurfs in a wet suit. It is a brilliant month for walking though and seeing the spring flowers. I'm going for a week in March next year.
kedi

out of all the one's listed what are the best to go for a nice lunch, sunbathing, back to the room to get ready and then go out for a drink and a nice meal!!

don't want anything too boisterous but don't want to go where there is no nightlife

i know we are thinking AI but would like to go out at night.

john
Well, Lara Beach is mainly hotels and beach, I don't know what Belek or Colakli are like, Antalya is a big town so you will find lots open there and I would think Side is nice that time of year too. I haven't actually been to any of them though so maybe someone who has been could advise more. In March though it will be very early in the season so some places wont be open.
We went to Side in March 2005 for 2 weeks and the weather was perfect.Warm enough to sit in the sun but not to hot to explore.
Evenings were a little cooler but certainly a lot warmer than here in the UK!
I think I would probably choose Side too.
ive been to marmaris and antalya for easter around march/april time the last few years and the weather hasnt been great , around 18-23 and only warm enough to sun bathe from around 11am to 2/3pm and that was only about 2-3 days out of the week, we've had showers each time we've gone, quite chilly at night. the sea and pools are freezing, but as mentioned warmer than the uk, but dont expect too much, but its nice to get away, the only reason i go this time of year is to visit family that live there so im not too bothered about the weather, but it is a risky time to go but you could be lucky
Side, or Colakli -...... Colakli is a few minutes up the road from Side...... mosst hotels have bars and shops and stuff outside. Side and Colakli are served by Dolmus so you can get out and about easily.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.