Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
signomi [sorry] i have looked on british,german & greek websites i cant find anything on this one.. with whome were you thinking of booking?

yasoo

wizard
we have booked thru teletext, with thompsons, the location is MAREBLUE VILLAGE.

its all booked! imjust hoping its nice, cant seem to find any reviews at all.
OK haven't found much..

this is a fairly new complex that appears to be frequented mainly by the Dutch and German Visitors, [thats probably why you cant find any reviews]

i will get it added to our data base [you may be the first to report]

if i find anything else will post

wizard

any members able to help with a review please post here
Hello,

the hotel recently changed name. Try to look under Meltemi Village. We are going there this summer. Hope it will be nice!

Cheers,
Michael
hi there,
i was also a little in the dark about this hotel. iv'e also booked to stay there, going 12 june 2008. managed to find a website for the hotel which is marebluehotels.gv/village/ or if you require any info you can email them at infombv@marebluehotels.gr. i found this by typing in mare blue rather than one word. but like you can't find any reviews, but it staits that it's a new complex.

ange

hotel link

wiz
Managed to find quite a few reviews on the Mareblue Village under the Meltemi Village, I think that used to be it's old name, i'm off there Thursday can't wait, as it looks good acording to most reviews.
:cheers
Hi all friends I with my wife will fly to the Heraklion in this hotel and will be there at 26-7-27.06 to 03.06. Who from UK will fly too? We want to find a friengs and take a cool time and rest. Write here who will rest in this hotel at this time

Alex (Moscow, Russia)
We have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Mareblue Holiday Village in Hersonnissos Crete which is 30 miles east of Heraklion in the hills miles away from anywhere really!,our actual hotel booking was for Hotel Neptuno Beach in Amoudarra Crete but on arriving at 2.30 am we where informed that because of a problem with the air conditioning and plumbing we would be taken to their sister hotel The Mareblue in Hersonnissos. Beautiful hotel very clean, staff very helpful,we where not impressed with the choice and variety of food dishes as they where aimed at the German holidaymakers and seemed to be repatitive throughout the week but the desserts where to die for,adult entertainment was non existent,which meant having to pay for taxis which works out very expensive to take you into the nearest resort to sample the nightlife,there was a childrens activity club with a communication barrier as it was all in German language which made this impossible for English children to take part. The pool was very clean and sunbeds where always available,the drinks on the all inclusive package where very watery and limited to variety. The Island itself was fantastic and the weather was perfect,however we will not be returning.hotel rating....6
Just got back from the "mareblue village" with my husband and 2 children 3 and 11 months, had a fab time, i know it's not to everyone's taste because of the lack of british and the food being different but what do you expect you are abroad. I think it was a top hotel and the German seemed to be very friendly. it is set on a hill side but the hotel does do a shuttle bus till 6.30 for anyone wishing to go into hersonissos town, so for us it wasn't a problem. taxis are about 7 euro's to and from, but it is a lovely walk, takes about 20 minutes slow pace. there is a fab waterpark 10 mins walk away called star beach, all the facilities are free but they make up for it ith the drink, food and sun bed prices, but they all do that. i would say eating out is expensive, we only ate out twice because the food at the hotel was fab, there is always pasta, chicken nugguts and chips for the fussy eaters, but i found there local dishes very tasty, you can't grumble at the pudding's as they are yummy. also would like to say what a view from the hotel, stunning. watching the sun go down every night never got boring. the entertainment was good. there is a kids club but it is targeted towards the german but thats only because there were no brits attending the kids club so what do you expect, when my daughter was joining in they did make an effort. it is a 98% german hotel. but at least you know it must be good hotel, as the german only stay in the best. i would rate this hotel as a 9, will definately be going there next year.
rate 9. just from this hotel. super! But too meny germans 90%/ and about 8% russians. Food was great - greek corner super. all inclusive is above other hotels! we took a car and drove about 2000 km all Creta. 7 days - wanna longer! 14 days would be next year in this hotel.
i havve recently returned from this hotel - postive side very clean pool and main areas - the cleaning lady did not come everyday until I complained though I Booked through Thomas Cook and never saw the rep - the faciliites and the food is generated towards Germans and as such the children don't get the full benefit of the clubs. I am glad about this after finding out that the hotel animation team do not have any crimminal checks done!!!! The English seem to only come here when hotels they have booked have had a problem - :( so nowhere else for them to go - would not go again -food was very poor and was not to English cuisine and also was repeated daily - ice cream watered down and non alcoholic drinks tasted like water. Met some lovely people ( 1 family was English!!!!) Beth who was the English animation team member spent alot of time with us and for this we were grateful. The staff were also very friendly and the onsite shop was not over priced.
I am disappointed that when I booked I was not informed regarding the lack of English families because to be fair I would not go to Germany for a holiday nor would i go back to this hotel again.
has anybody been here? i cant seem to find a single review on here for it. wanting to go next june the 4th but need advice first before i decide to book, 2 adults 3 children.

thanks in advance :cheers
as it appears to be a newish construction that might explain it... will get it added to the data base in case anyone wishes to post a review

yasus
wizard
Thinking of booking this Hotel for end of September, anyone know much about it? I believe its a new build so havent found any reviews so far.

Cheers :cheers mike.
Hi Mike ... I see that folk have been asking about this complex for a couple of years now. I have merged your enquiry with this previous topic, which may provide a little info while you wait for further feedback.

We would welcome reviews from anyone who has stayed here on the following page:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

David :wave
Thanks David. However, we have managed to book up for Fuerteventura this year so maybe keep an eye on this one for next year. :tup

Regards.. mike.
Booked to stay here for two weeks next july, anyone been recently :que .
We are booked to go in May 12 with two young children. I have found lots of reviews on another well know review site - am i allowed to say it? Trip Advisor
Most of the less favourable reviews are for 2008 or earlier with the majoirty of last years reviews being very good
Reading between the lines its a perfectly good AI hotel a shortish walk from the main town but don't expect luxury. It seems there are two kids clubs - a german one and a british one (if you book through the relevent british tour operators) and two lots of entertainment.

I'm really looking forward to it and very excited - if a little worried about the economy!
Zebedee look forward to hearing your thought on this hotel, I have seen the reviews on TA and they are great. Fingers crossed they are as good for this coming season :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.