Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
It depends on what you are looking for.

If you are looking for clothes/shoes/souvenirs etc

I think the closest market to Lara is the Saturday market in Sirinyali which is close to Laura centre.On the Lara side of Antalya.
Then there is the larger (daily) market which moved from Dogu Garaj. This caters for tourists and most of the tour buses go there.
There is also Gulluk a street in Antalya close to the city centre which is full of shops selling all manner of things.

Finally there is Antalya city centre.
Wow ! thanks for the very comprehensive reply.
We are just looking for mostly clothes, as the shirts we bought in Olu Deniz a few years ago have been great quality and still going strong.

Also we are looking for a good quality "cheap" watch ~ looking to pay about £25 / £30 ~again the one my husband bought in Olu Deniz was great until he lost it! Would it be better to go to a shop for this or would the markets be ok?
There are also loads of shopping bazaars in Lara Beach - very similar to the markets - selling T-shirts watches etc. There is also a very large shopping mall (forget the name of it just now), but this sells genuine designer clothes and isn't any cheaper than home- you can't haggle here either, but it is an experience to visit.

Denny
I think that apart from the shopping malls in Lara (which I think could be expensive) Dogu garaj and Gulluk would be your best options for clothes and watches.

Dogu garaj will be more expensive than Gulluk becase it is a tourist hot spot.

Whatever you decide just hop on a Dolmus and enjoy.
Thanks very much for your help ~ we go in April so it should be very pleasant shopping weather. Can't wait!
Hello we always go to Marmaris/Icmeler and love the Markets there love the banter etc etc and off course the cheap clothes :rofl

We are going to Lara Beach in Antayla Area next year and was just wondering if there is any markets close by like the ones in Marmaris etc :que

And info would be truely grateful than you :cheers
Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.