Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Myra,

There is a Market every night at Mavisehir from 5pm - 10pm, it is only a 10 minute Dolmus ride. There is also a big market on wednesdays at Soke which is further afield.

Les
hi cruisecontroller
thanks for that great help as we arrive late friday night we did'nt want to go to the market on the sat straight away. how far roughly is the soke one, is the other one a big market to . :wave:
Mavisehir is about a third of the size of the Altinkum one. The Altinkum one is nicely laid out with plenty of room between the stalls. I can't help you with the Soke one apart from being told that you are as well to stick with the Altinkum one, it is just as good and not so far to travel. I believe the journey time to Soke is about 45 minutes. There is always the Bodrum Market which is worth a visit but i'm not sure how long it takes to get there.

Les
Hi Myra313

there is a ferry that goes from altinkum to bodrum it takes about 2 hours cos you have to go the last bit of the journey by bus

the market in altinkum is next to the bus station and its under cover we got told it had been purpose biult for the market
mabs i went to the altinkum market it is brill i got a good few bargains

suzie :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.