Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
markets
13 Posts
weve been to goa quite a few times now, but last time we went was the first time we had been to ingos night market.

to be honest we went up to do a bit of shopping and decided we were going to come back and have something to eat in candolim.

we did eat in candolim and only stopped at the market for an hour but to be honest i could have stopped there all night.

plenty to eat and drink, more snacky type food than anything, but all being cooked on site and everything looked gorgeous.

theres a large central area with a stage surrounded by food and drink stalls, but i dont think any explanation could do it justice.

it quite raucous in some ways and laid back music wise!

will certainly be spending the night there in november and chilling out, might need to get there early for some good seats though!

h.
There is also a good day market in Anjuna you need to get there early morning
as it gets very hot ,and very crowded its on a wednesday :cheers
ann :)
Ingo's is certainally great for a night out on Saturday, for an authentic local market head to Mapusa.
x lassi
Polly....great map, thank for the link. It's good to see where I didn't go to last Easter but will get to next Easter

cheers! :cheers
Ingos is a brilliant Sat night out just to people watch, Anjuna, if you go early - taxi there and boat back to baga beach, makes it interesting. Mapsua by bus, as long as it is not on a Friday, and Panjim market go on the bus and cross on the ferry again morning is best. jan :D
Got fed up with the traffic situation at Ingos but still a great night out. Mackies on the other hand is easier to get round,less hassle, more seating,food stalls getting more choice than previous years,toilets cleaner,parking very easy.
Last years visit for us included 3 different bands,karate show,strongman,sword juggling,fire eaters, a lass spinning 50 hoola-hoops, great night out.
I love them all...especially Ingo's... :) such an atomosphere and I too love people watching....
Ingos is a brilliant Sat night out just to people watch
:rofl didnt happen to see my other half get hypnotised on stage last year did you!!!?? what a laugh that was!! :rofl
chilly
No don't remember that one, we had great seats last year the men just sat all night while we kept mooching around, coming back and forth, and always having a seat.
jan x :tup
Hi everyone

Ingo's market will either close down in 2008-2009 season or move, there is talk of moving to Mapusa but they are worried about parking facilities, if i hear anymore i will put it on this post. I personally think Mackies offers better food, music and general facilities but that is only my opinion. :tup

Mike
yes Mike I heard this that they are going to build there? shame . more building!! is that what you have heard?
chilly
i love ingos,so much better than mackies!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.