Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Marmaris Beaches
12 Posts
I'm afraid you ain't going to like it :cry very stoney not sand more like fine gravel ...sore on the feet going into the water large stones going into water at start after this fine ....water is very clear but also very very salty..... :sun2 sun very hot high 40's when I was in marmaris frst 2weeks in july :tongue
The beach aint great but then again I hate the beach!
beach is grey and very narrow but some gr8 birds on it!¬ ;)gb so i don't care about the gravel :rofl
Can you refrain from using text style type please. Some members use screen readers that don't recognise shortened or alphanumeric words. Thanks. Dazbo HT Mod
Thanks for replies. I don't really mind gravelly sand lol, I'm not going to be building sandcastles while I'm there ;)

Does it tend to get really crowded?
I went to Marmaris last year and got warned before going that most of the sunbeds belong to the bars and resturants, this means as soon as you look like your going to get on a bed someone was over to us asking about drinks, which sometimes wasnt a bad thing. I think a few of the sunbeds do have a charge but we wasnt willing to pay it when we knew we could get a sunbed and a drink at the same time.

As someone has said the water is VERY salty!
Thanks meg_jesse. I've heard that from a few people actually. I don't mind though, most med countries charge for sunbed use on public beaches - they have to make a living somehow :)
Marmaris public beach is not that clean and enjoyable.I recommend Icmeler beach instead of Marmaris.
I have heard quite alot of bad things about the beach in marmaris, just wondering what other beaches near by are worth going to if any? thanks :) i dont expect alot and have visited turkey before and know that the beaches are often shingle, anyone know where the best beaches are?
Thanks!

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
elle.x,

There's only really one main beach in Marmaris that streches from the harbour area up towards Icmeler. The beach in Icmeler, although a little shingly, is better than Marmaris in my opinion. They are your main options locally. There are others in the area but they're boat rides away and more remote.

Darren
hi if you know were the romance hotel is that is were the best beach is in marmaris,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.