Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
norton-girl,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find extensive weather information on our WEATHER: reports, news, Q&As topic. April will be warmish but cool in the evenings as it's still early in the season. The average temperature for April is 16c with a maximum average of 22c and minimum of 10c. It's normally a dry month. Things will be starting to open, but the main season starts in May.

Darren
visited icmeler on march the 15th for a week last weather suited me perfectly,it was warm but comfortably so through the day,however at night a jacket was needed.Marmaris is still bustling although most tourist places are closed,the marina is still open as is the bazaar,
thanks guys will probs still go ahead and book for then ...
When we went in April the weather was much like an English summer, we had some rainy, cool days and some lovely sun-bathing weather, but very cool at night. The swimming pools are unlikely to be up and running, and if any are they will probably be freezing! As mentioned earlier Marmaris is still quite busy, but not with holidaymakers. Its a good time of year for walking though, the walk along the back of the beach between Icmeler and Marmaris is lovely.
If you fancied hiring a car there's some lovely countryside to see around the Bozburun peninsula.
so its not the place to go in April then . If not where in Turkey is best in April with reasonable prices ?
norton-girl,

Weather wise, the tourist parts of Turkey are all similar. Most of the resorts are reasonably priced, bearing in mind bars and restaurants on the main drag are more expensive than those one street back.

Darren
As Alfie said it's a great time for walking and exploring and I would definitely recommend hiring a car and exploring the Datca and Bozburun peninsulas. The wild flowers at that time are fabulous. You can get very lovely weather at that time but also risk rain and you may need a jacket in the evening. I find the sea too cold for swimming at that time although the rest of my family seem happy enough to brave it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.