Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi David,

My son's in Marmaris at the moment. He sent me a text yesterday saying they had a jeep safari booked for today. He's due home on Wednesday, so as soon as I get the low down on the trip I'll let you know. Watch this space :wave:
The only other money we spent was on drinks with your lunch or on one of the stops you have. Also you can buy dvd or pictures its up to you how much more you spend, its still worth it. Hope you enjoy as much as we do. :tup
Is the Jeep Safari suitable for a 5 yr old?
They pick you up about 9.15 and take you to join up with other jeeps,ours was at a garage,as you set off you get a good hoseing down!!.They take you up the mountain to an offroad track,stop for a break,refreshments,then off to a beach for about an hour,lunch,later to the waterfalls,then on to a place to give you tasteings of honey and where you can purchase drinks or Honey! and gifts arrive back about 5.you can purchase a dvd of your day and they will bring it to your accomodation that evening,we payed 50 lira.Lots of people take young children,one was 18month old on one of the jeeps,they all seemed happy,but she had to keep covering the child up to stop her getting a soaking,personally I wouldnt have taken one so young.
HI David,
just getting back to you as promised. My son said it was a really good day out. THey paid 25ytl each for the trip which lasted most of the day. The price included lunch but they had to pay for drinks. They were also selling water pistols which my son and his mates were sorry they didn't buy. They got really wet during the day but it was part of the fun. They saw some lovely scenery from the highest point in Marmaris and also Icemeler. They also stopped at a market where he bought a towel, a football jersey and a zip-up cardigan- all good quality. He also bought the DVD of the safari which cost him 20ytl. He highly recommends the trip.
The jeep safari is the best day out. We have been going on one every year for the last 6 years and love them, the youngest we have taken was a 3 year old but they had a better time the following year as they could join in the fun more, no problem with a 5 year old.

Expect to get very wet and dirty, 2 years a go a lady wore a white bikini and it never came white again. The bumpest part of the journey is when you go off roading along a dried up river bed, if you have a back problem just let the driver know and he will take it easy, we did this a few years ago when my wife was suffering and the journey along the river was a lot smoother than normal.

I would recommend water guns, buy from a supermarket they will be cheaper than from the jeep, some supermarkets actually rent them out for about 10Lira.

One tip I would give is take a black bin liner to insert into your ruck sack, this ensures the contents remain dry with all the water being thrown about. Also if you are taking a camera let the driver know, he will then tell you to cover it up if you drive through streams etc. Personally I buy the DVD at the end of the day.

I go to icmeler in a just over a week and will be booking one when I get there for the second week of the holiday, I like to get a base tan before as you do spend quite a lot of time in the sun.

Lock & load people, let the water battle commence
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Dave

Edit
Forgot to mention, ask if you go to see the blue fish, not all safari's go to the same places and they are worth seeing as they are found no where else in the world.
Jeep Safari

They are brilliant, don't forget your water cannon or water gun.

Honestly you'll love the day out.

Ekin Legend

:sun2 :sun2 :cheers
I agree with Dave and Ekin a brilliant day out. Yes suitable for a five year old you will enjoy it! I have been in Marmaris quite a few times last trip was the first time I done jeep safari, I will definatly be booking again next trip!

Anna.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.