Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
takes you through the prettiest villages around with beautiful bays... 2 adults one child would be 75 ytl...take some drinks with you as where they stop is expensive.
oh go!

its an absolute blast!

really don't know why we didn't do it before!!! cost us £25 for 2 adults and 1 child x
do go great day out but be prepared to get wet ,some of the drivers take you thro a carwash! the kids will love it! price if you book private is about £20 total, alan. :yikes
Hı
Im here ın Marmaris, just come back from jeep safari today, it was great fun. İt cost our group 10 pounds per adult and 5 pounds for 2 kıds aged 12, for thıs we got a great day out and lunch whıch was chıcken, meatballs,pasta and salad, we had to pay for drinks extra but they weren't too expensıve. We hired a water gun off the jeep driver for 10 lira each. Dont wear anything you will want to wear again as your clothes get ruıned wıth the dırt off the off road rıdes, there were 12 jeeps ın our convoy, ıt was a great big water fıght! We visited small villages, a honey farm, waterfall (which you could jump into), Jesus Beach near Hısaronu, all in all it was a brillıant day and the best fun we have had on a day trip, I would recommend it!!
Regards
Jackie
Is the driving done by the tour company or do other people (holidaymakers) drive the jeeps? Is the driving dangerous/scary? Thats just my fear of the jeep safari.
Ive done about 7 jeep safaris in Marmaris,and the drivers have all been excellent,they have always been experienced and not scarey.
can somebody tell me if its very bumpy? would you go on it if you had suffered with back problems? sounds like a real fun day out, and hate to think my kids would be missing out, we normally just do 2 or 3 boat trips while we are in marmaris! :think
YES IT CAN BE A BIT BUMPY BUT MAINLY ON NORMAL ROADS ! :gluck :shock:
Hi Alan. Welcome to HT :wave
Can I ask please that you do not post in caps - as per the rules of posting.

kath x
the jeep safari was THE best trip we've ever done on holiday. it was fun all day. yes you get wet, yes you get really dirty but hey you'll have a barrel of fun.
one of the funniest bits was when a lady in another jeep complained that we kept firing water at their jeep....hee hee it was then like 'red rag to a bull' as we fired at her at every opportunity!!!! we got so carried away that we even named our jeep 'Team Fully Loaded'
the driver we had was brilliant and gave us lots of opportunities to reload our weapons. i'm sure had my husband had the chance to put camaflage make-up on he would have done...talk about bringing out the kid in you.
we booked our trip with Thomas cook rep. we also took in a stop at Cleopatras island which was beautiful and had the chance to swim in the sea when the boat dropped anchor.
i can't recommend this trip highly enough. it was brilliant!

Happy holidays

Sandra
x
p.s. if you see a blonde woman complaining about water being fired at her head give her a squirt from us hee hee :haha
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.