Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Sorry GEL, Im afraid I cant help you with that area of the South :(

Hopefully someone else will come along and be able to help with your queries :)
Hello GEL , I haven't stayed in Betalbatim, but have a brochure on Martins Comfort, the small hotel opposite Martins Corner , and it says the beach is a 5min walk from there, hope this is some help. wouldn't it be worth asking the people you have booked the appartment with, they should know .
Best wishes lassi .
Thanksyou lassigirl and tightjock, its a pity Martins Corner is not so good now as i would have had somewhere to eat right on my door step. ;)
Hi - the nearest beach to Martin's corner is approximately three quarters of a mile - when approaching Martin's corner from the village end, turn left down the road where the church is on the corner & keep going until you reach the beach - there's one shack on there called anri's - only ate lunch there but food was fine & it's a lovely quiet beach.
Thankyou hemingway for that info, is there many shops in the villiage? i know there's a bakers but not sure about anything eles, we will give the beach shack a try. :tup
Hello GEL - Yes there are enough shops for the basics - a couple of 'corner shop' type places, a chemist, an off licence type shop, an electricians, a diy shop and there was an internet place - don't know if that's still open though. Regards, Hemingway.
Many thanks hemingway thats a lot more shops than i thought there would be. :) you oviously stay in that area, i think you are the first person who knows that area well.
Hi green eyed lady,

I am thinking also as using the same location near Martins Corner in Betalbatin as my holiday destination. I trust that you are now back. could you give me some feedback as to how you found it and as to the distance to the beach? All comments would be really appreciated.
Sorry tonysam we have not been yet, not going till the end of the year, i am very organized :rofl like to know everything in advance, if i gather any more info will post it on here for you, all i can say that so far it sounds very quiet but not far from all the livelier places, we did drive through it a couple of times and it seemed fine.
Just back from two weeks at Majorda Beach Resort, walked to Betalbatim a couple of times, passed Martins Corner second time,its on the back road from Majorda, you can also get to "Lovers Beach" by taking the first right after leaving Betalbatim on the road to Colva, about a mile in all. No shacks at that point but if you turn left on the beach its not far to the Nanu Resort at least 6 shacks there! then only 20 min to Colva.
Thankyou silentman, we also saw lovers beach when we went through to colva one day. At least there is a few beach shacks to choose from. :tup
GEL,

Betalbatim was a location that I quite liked when I went to Martins Corner and the village whilst I was in Goa last year. I am in the same predicament as a lot of other contributers who now want to take the next step and purchase property there eventually for retirment purposes but possibly to let in the interim.

We have located a small complex of just 12 villas described as in the cocunut groves about 150 Metres away from Martins Corner. As I had not been to the beach whilst i was in Betalbatim, I to am curious as to the distance to the beach from the villa which I am strongly temted to buy. The builder describes it as approx 1Km (about 10 minutes walk) to Sunset Beach but with such a big decision I will do a little more research before I make a definate booking. Google Earth is also a good tool to give you literally the bigger picture! I have found both Martins Corner and the beach in conjunction to this by using this download.
Hi tonysam, yes we have also Google Earth there just to get some idea were the apartment is that we have rented, are you going back to see the site for the apartments before you make a decision? if the beach is anythink like Arossim beach i will be very happy, as we are not going until xmas we have a lot of time to gather more info, Please let me know how you get on. :tup
tonysam,

If you are talking about the development that I think you are, Sunset beach is a ten to fifteen minute walk - I'm just lazy & prefer to travel by motorbike - the breeze is fantastic especially in 30 degrees plus temperatures. Anyway, Sunset Beach is one of my favourites, only one shack (Anri's) with very good food for breakfast lunch & dinner. The beach is also very quiet with no beach sellers & no hassle.

Andy.
Thanks for that info Andy so is sunset beach going towards colva? are there any beach shacks in Betabatlim at all? :cheers
I suppose that sunset beach is one of the nearest to Betalbatim village centre which itself is a good mile from Sunset Beach (where Anri's place is). If you walk left on Sunset Beach you will end up on Colva Beach (20mins+) if you walk right you will end up on Majorda Beach (15-20 mins).

Andy.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.