Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
charl_s,

Welcome onboard :tup
You may find members Hotel Reviews useful for the Mavruka Hotel, Olu Deniz.

Darren
Thanks Darren

Have had a look in there many mention the breakfast as basic but I don't understand how basic in one hotel i stayed in Turkey you were giving a Turkish breakfast and thats it you couldn't help yourself to anything etc

No1 mentions whats included in the half board either :( !

thanks for the welcome x
We stayed at The Mavruka last September. As it was only built three or four years ago its a nice modern hotel and I'd have no hesitation in staying there again.

The breakfast is a Turkish style breakfast served between 8 and 10 at the poolside bar. It is set out in buffet style and consists mainly of cold options like cereals (local equivalent of those back home), cold meats, cheese, olives, fruit (normally watermelon) etc. There were two hot buffet options each day, usually egg or potato based. There is a toast making machine at one end of the buffet with jams and marmalades and tea and coffee facilites at the other. The option of a full english breakfast is available but it'll cost you and its cheaper and better at places in Oludeniz itself.

We didn't go half board but my understanding is that all you get extra is your evening meal. I personally wouldn't recommend half board as theres that many good restaurants to try in Oludeniz, and the breakfast, although adequate, didn't fill me with great hopes that the evening meals were going to be anything special.

Hisaronu can be reached by dolmus or taxi - dolmus about 2 lira, taxi about 8 (from memory - sure someone will correct me if wrong!).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.