Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I haven't been that early Boots, as we usually go end of June but I've had friends who've gone and mostly I think the weathers been fine, however they've had rain also on some occassions :(
We've been twice at that time in recent years, 2006 and 2008.

In 2006 the weather was scorching hot and sunny every day and also at night.

Exactly the same time in 2008 and the weather was very changeable and we had a lot of cloudy days, a lot of windy days, a lot of showers and only a few days when it was glorious all day.
I've been 5 times, 4 in June and once in May. Always warm to hot by UK standards - I couldn't cope if if were hotter. One week was a bit hazy but still mostly pool weather. I've only ever seen it rain 3 times in all that. But winds seem to be a feature of the Algarve and seem to be stronger as it heats up during the day.
We always go last week in May, 1st week June. As others have said it can vary but I have always found it mainly hot and sunny. We have had a few days of rain here and there and cloudy days too but the majority of the 2 weeks is sunny.
I hope this helps.
Pat
:glynis
They are pretty good assessments. May is a sort of transitional month before the summer heat sets in from early June to end September. Changeable, usually quite warm even hot. Showers quite possible but usually nice and sunny.

Most of the touristy places are open from mid-May onwards, so no worries there.
Bit difficult to say.
Portugal weather can be as changeable as England.
We've been out many times in May, and the weather's been different every time. Sometimes lovely, sometimes awful.
We went in June 3 years ago, and it was windy, wet and cold for a whole fortnight.
We've also been out in January, and sunbathed on the beach!

Just try and avoid going when I am, as I'm better than a rain dance. :rofl
pandy1956 wrote:
Just try and avoid going when I am, as I'm better than a rain dance

I know the feeling Pandy. We used to call ourselves the storm trouper generals :rofl
Thanks everyone for the advice, think I will give May a miss but will consider the summer holidays and will have a look at some prices.
Boots
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.