Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi mad mizzy,

Buffet restaurants dont have sittings they are open from 6.30pm-9.30pm you go in when you please, well the Iberostar is where I stay. Its only the A La Cartes that have 2 sittings.Your children can go into the buffet restaurant with friends they dont need to go in with you.

Angie.
I have stayed at the Riu Mambo and there are not set sittings for meals. You can just go when you want between the start and end time. There are 2 'a la carte' restaurants which however do have specific seating times. You can have breakfast and/or at any of the 3 hotels (Riu Mambo, Merengue or Bachata) but you have to eat your evening meal at the hotel you are staying at. There are also snack bars where you can get chips, pizza, ice cream, salad etc throughout the day and there is a 24 hour snack bar at the Riu Merengue so if you fancy a burger or something at 3am it's not a problem. The Bachata has a 24 hour bar which is popular and they keep some sandwiches there incase you get a bit peckish too. You won't go hungry!
I forgot to say, there isn't a problem with children going to go and get something to eat by themselves, thats whats so go about all inclusive they can have a bit of independence and go and get something to eat/drink when they feel like it! 16 and 17 year olds certainly won't have a problem!
Hi there.
The good thing about the buffet at the Iberostar Costa Dorada is that you can come and go as you please at meal times, even leaving and going back again! The best thing about this is, if you have booked an A La Carte and don't like it (we only tried the Mexican and it was fine) then you can simply go to the buffet.If my memory serves me correctly (I'm sure Angie will put me right!) the only time you couldn't get anything to eat was from around 2.00AM til 6.30AM.There were burgers etc available from outside the disco when it closed but thru' the day at least one of the restaurants was always open and it was for "proper" food not snacks like curly sandwiches & cold pizza left out on a table like you would get in cheaper hotels.I was there two years ago and would give anything to be going back there this year (best holiday EVER!) but my finances couldn't stretch so it's the Iberostar Daiquiri in Cuba this year.5th time in an Iberostar and have only had one "dodgy" one........so far! The food (and drink!) at the Costa Dorada is amazing.Only the fussiest of people could complain.I was in catering for many years and there was never a problem with choice or quality at the Iberostar.mmmmmm.My mouth is starting to water.Breakfast was my favourite.Always the same for me.An omelette (freshly cooked to order) with sausages and beans (proper ones although not Heinz, more like Aldi! LOL) followed by a few croissants and strawberry jam.Yum yum.Washed down by orange juice and tea and if I was a bit worse for wear,I'd have another omelette!
Best wishes.

David
David you are correct in all your info except ( here I will put you right :rofl !! ) that you can get snacks from 2.00am until 6.30am such as burgers in baps and hot dogs in rolls and even chicken legs with salad served with coffee or water in the Mexican A La Carte "La Hacienda" which turns into your all night snack bar, sometimes they even use a small potion of the main buffet restaurant as the overnight snack bar..............many a night we used this snack bar after coming out the disco with friends we have met in resort deperately wanting some sustenance after all the cocktails and rum consumed... :rofl :rofl

Angie.
Hi Angie.
I knew you wouldn't be too far away! Nice to hear from you again.
Best wishes.

David
Hi David,

Great to catch up with you once more.
:offtop Hope the Iberostar Daiquiri lives up to the Iberostar name.

Angie. :cheers
Hi Angie
If it's half as good as the ICD, then it'll be great.As I said earlier, I've only stayed in one dodgy Iberostar (in Tunisia), so fingers crossed! Only 74 sleeps to go :)
Take care & best wishes.

David
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.