Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Re: Media Travel
58 Posts
An update from my post on 22 July

Having heard nothing further from Media Travel (what a surprise that is), I have prepared and will be posting tomorrow my letter to the Travel Trust Association although this is more in hope than expectation and is really just to demonstrate to the small claims court that we have followed the appropriate complaint procedure.

Media Travel must be undertaking the most intensive investigation of all time given how long it is taking them to provide an explanation for why they cancelled the airport to resort transport for my wife and daughter. They clearly don't intend to reply or send the refund/compensation short of legal action so it looks as if we will have to go to at least the small claims court.

I'll update again in due course but need to allow 28 days for TTA to act (or not) before commencing the next stage in proceedings.

You never know, I may have good news to post next time but I'm not hopefull.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has had any contact with TTA and whether they achieved anything in terms of the dispute?
Hope i can help as have dealings with the TTA regulary, they are normally very helpful and whilst they will not be able to comment on your complaint, they normally pass it onto media travel and give them a time limit in which they need to respond to them.
You should get an answer pretty quick as the agent are now having to justify their time involved in solving the complaint and what action they have taken along with providing a full reply.

Have they mentioned any reason why it was cancelled and whom did that reply come from. The transfer supplier or media travel.
A lot of the time, if it has been cancelled would suggest agent error or a change of supplier which does happen quite alot and therefore customers go with the wrong paperwork if the agent has actioned the amendments correctly.

If it was a case that they just didn't turn up or you were at the right desk but they didn't have any llisting for you then that may be a supplier to local supplier problem, not an tarvel agent error, especially if it is booked very late, say within 48hrs.

The TTA will apply pressure to the agent to get a response, whether that is good or bad is not the issue for the TTA, their main role is to ensure that their code of conduct is being adhered to and that customers are being managed correctly within the timescales allowed.

Thanks
Just noticed my spelling, my fault for typing too quick lol, do apologise.

Thanks
Thanks for the feedback about the TTA which is really useful.

I have had an offer come from Media travel but it unacceptable so will be writing back to tell them that unless it increases the next step will be legal action so will update again when there are further developements.
We have just returned from a 4 night stay with these guys and loved every second of it. I have never been on one of these low cost package deals before but I have to say everything went perfectly.

The flights were great, the hotel was amazing and we couldnt have asked for much more to say we had all inclusive in the school holidays and only paid £681.00
Welcome to the forums bertshaw,
Pleased it all went well for you with Media Travel & you had such a great time
You never said what country your hotel was in....
Who did you fly out with & what hotel did you stay at ?
Was transport to the hotel included or did you have to get a taxi from the airport ?
If you have time it would useful if you could also post a review
cheers hovis
Smelling a rat again -joins to make first post -" perfectly","great","amazing","only £681" - does it read like advertising blurb to anyone else? :que
I thought the same when I read it! Very, very similar to the first post.
Such posts tend to highlight how desperate some companies are for business, particularly when they find negative posts here on HT and other forums from people who have not had a very good experience.
Of course the easy answer for them is to get their act together and ensure people really do have a good holiday.
The spurious posts we get don't fool anybody here on HT as we are very quick to highlight them which in turn only ensures that anyone who reads them will take their business elsewhere.

fwh
I read the post & have done an IP check etc. but couldn't see anything concrete so have left it for members to make their own minds up regarding its authenticity.
We are using Media travel for a holiday to Majorca, we fly out this Sunday and we have nothing but praise for the way our holiday has been organised.
The paperwork has been sent on time and any queries we have had have been dealt with very efficiently.
The telephone queuing system they have is excellent, it tells you your position in the queue and gives an approximation of how long your wait will be, I found to call first thing in the morning, approx 9am then the wait is very short.

We will be using this company again
:think Mmm another 1st time poster who is extremely satisfied with this company and would book with them again even though they haven't actually been on this holiday yet!

SM
frankyboy99 wrote:
Was a bit scared when I booked my holiday after reading some of reviews on Media Travel, but I must say that my experience went without a hitch. Have just returned from a lovely holiday and there were no problems at all which i was very happy about espically as it was my first holiday for 5 years!

That's what I have always done. TripAdvisor does the job for me. It's because of the senior contributors like us that we can count of the reviews and deciding the hotels.
Personally I am beginning to find these "posts in praise" rather tedious. Self promotion is one thing - blatant lies are something else.

fwh
SMa wrote:
:think Mmm another 1st time poster who is extremely satisfied with this company and would book with them again even though they haven't actually been on this holiday yet!

SM

I can only report the company as I find them, all my dealing have been fine, I will report back after our holiday.
All I can add if you want trouble with customer service try booking with OLA.
Well I have to say I'm starting to feel swayed , I mean any company that can provide an excellent phone queueing service which tells you your position in the queue has got to be great , I wonder if you can select the type of music you wish to listen to while waiting ? I always found that most phone lines are busy around 9am as its the start of the business day , so what a great bonus that this company is so good at this time , so only a short wait , sounds so good , I bet it's even free :rofl !!!

I must remember to give you guys at media travel a big thumbs up , no doubt you will have already been nominated for major travel awards , so i will looking out for you to make sure you get my vote , what a lovely ethical lot you are !
billywizzer wrote:
SMa wrote:

SM

I can only report the company as I find them, all my dealing have been fine, I will report back after our holiday.

I do not think that the people on this site are interested in anyone who can report a positive experience with this company, so i will leave you all to wallow in your misery while go on my holiday.
I was panicking reading the posts regarding the complaints against Media Travel but I encountered no problems and they did everything we had asked of them. I'm not sure if this is a one off or not but having returned from a lovely holiday, I am certainly looking forward to the next one. If Media Travel are the cheapest then I would have no problem booking with them again :)

Happy holidays
billywizzer wrote:
billywizzer wrote:
SMa wrote:

SM

I do not think that the people on this site are interested in anyone who can report a positive experience with this company, so i will leave you all to wallow in your misery while go on my holiday.

The way to prove us all wrong is to go on your holiday, write up a review, tell us all about the holiday and hotel, join the discussion on other forums on HT and help other posters and generally join in and become an active member. For some reason this particular thread has attracted a high percentage of people who only make single posts and/or never post on any of the other forums. Yes, we may be a cynical lot but what we are really interested in is people who join in and don't just register, make one post either way or the other about a particular company and never come back again. So as I said, prove the cynics amongst us wrong by joining in discussions on the thread related to your destination and other places that you have visited and be willing to provide the answers to queries etc raised by other members.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.