Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
Will you be staying in Frankfurt or near the city?
Frankfurt itself is not normally an area that is plagued by these little devils, south and east of the city are areas that you find them but these areas are only mildly affected.
I live in the south of germany where they are really common and it's a real pain in the summer, every time I go out walking I have to inspect my legs on return. They are tiny and hard to see though in 35 years of living here I have only picked one up once. If you need any more info. about what they look like and what to do if you should be unlucky enough to get one let me know.
Thank you Judith for replying to my thread. We are proposing to go to Dreieich, which I understand is kind of south east of Frankfurt. We are not thinking of any trips into the countryside, but we are planning to go into the Frankfurt to watch the games on the big screen. Hopefully to enjoy the atmosphere, without picking up a nasty disease! We have been on several sites collecting info, so we have an idea of what the little things look like.
Our trip to Germany is still in the balance, do we get inoculated (which, incidentally our caring NHS does not pay for!) or do we risk going without, or do we even go, decisions decisions!
Any extra info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks once again, Steve :)
I have just been looking on a german medical site which had a map of affected areas and Frankfurt /Dreieich is pictured as clear, so I think you should be OK.
Hello Judith once again thanks.
Vaccinations from our GP are in the region of £90 per person, so if we go, we will not be having them. Im glad our area is clear, hopefully we shouldn't have to 'risk it' by going there un-vaccinated.

Thanks- Steve :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.