France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Megabus
8 Posts
Thanks for the Info Pippy I've used Megabus a number of times between Newcastle and London but not for a couple of years and I didn't realise they went to France. Off to look at their Website now cheers!
nejulie wrote:
Thanks for the Info Pippy I've used Megabus a number of times between Newcastle and London but not for a couple of years and I didn't realise they went to France. Off to look at their Website now cheers!

You're welcome! They also travel to Amsterdam and Brussels, possibly other destinations too, I've not checked. Not sure if you have to travel from London Victoria for European destinations, possibly so.

Even at the most expensive price, the return trip from London to Paris is only £36, so still considerably cheaper than Eurostar's cheapest return price. I've done the Megabus trip to Paris once before and really enjoyed watching the scenery along the way from the high vantage point :)
Wow well done Pippy what a bargain! Never heard of Megabus so will take a look at their site :tup
It will cost me more to get from Worthing to Victoria, one way, than my return trip to Paris! Lol!
Was telling my mam about your bargain Pippy and she thought it was hilarious, said we can't even get into town on the local bus for that price :tup
Pippy wrote:
I'm going to the Stade de France for a couple of gigs in June and have been checking several times a day for the last few weeks, waiting for Megabus to put their Summer prices online. This finally happened last night and I snagged myself an absolute bargain of a return trip price!

Reservation number: blah blah blah

Journey 1: London, Victoria Coach Station to Paris, Porte Maillot Coach park

Date: Friday, 21 June 2013

Passengers: 1

No. Concessions: 0

No. NUS Extra Cardholders: 0

Leaving: 10:30

Arriving: 19:00

Price: £1.00

Reservation number: blah blah blah

Journey 2: Paris, Porte Maillot Coach park to London, Victoria Coach Station

Date: Sunday, 23 June 2013

Passengers: 1

No. Concessions: 0

No. NUS Extra Cardholders: 0

Leaving: 11:00

Arriving: 18:00

Price: £1.00

http://uk.megabus.com/Default.aspx

How about that?! With the reservation fee, the total cost of the return trip was £2.50 because I was lucky enough to grab it within minutes of it going online :D

If you're unfamiliar with using Megabus for trips to Europe, it's not as bad a journey as it may at first seem. You're not stuck on the coach the entire time as the journey across the Channel is by ferry. The coaches themselves I've always found comfortable enough and they have an on-board toilet.

Well worth considering if you're looking to keep costs down and aren't travelling with young children or are short of time :tup

That's a fantastic deal Pippy :tup what a result, just goes to show that if you keep checking prices there are bargains to be had out there.

Doe :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.